Late LSAT Course (Mid-August for October) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dillonjess

New

Late LSAT Course (Mid-August for October)

Post by dillonjess » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 am

Im taking the October 2011 test and unfortunately circumstances have led me to looking for an LSAT course late and I would have to start after Aug 17. I NEED to do as well as possible on the LSAT since my GPA is terrible (about 3.2). The good news is that practice LSATs have been 159, 162, 169, and 168 though I want to put my self into a reasonable range for, not T14 but top 20 or 30 schools. I found two possibilities for courses...

1) Test Masters weekend course on Sept 17/18. The problem here is that I fear not being able to incorporate the techniques in the two weeks following the course. A weekend course seems like someone reading the book to you (better than reading myself, but not ideal). On the plus side it means I dont have to rush out to LA, have plenty of time to do my normal schoolwork including thesis writing, I hear great things about Test Masters and obviously its cheaper.

2) Princeton Review LSAT Accelerated Course from Aug 20 to Sept 28. Cons: I hear mixed reviews of PR, the course is 3x per week, and is more expensive. Pro: Gut instinct better idea

So...what does anybody suggest? Is there something I'm not finding/thinking of?

jetpack joe

New

Re: Late LSAT Course (Mid-August for October)

Post by jetpack joe » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 am

Manhattan LSAT has a self-study program with recorded classes so you can go at your own pace.

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 am

I'd take an accelerated course over a weekend course, although I don't really recommend either. You're already scoring high, so it's not a huge stretch to push up into T14 range in a month and a half. Not that it will be easy or that just anyone can do it, but it's not unheard of.

I've taught TPR's accelerated course. It moves too fast for my taste, but it doesn't sound like you've got too many options at this point. I'm not a big fan of self-study (though many people, including me, have done very well with it) because there's no feedback loop to tell you when (or how) you're approaching something wrong. I'd much prefer to have an expert on call.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:54 pm

jetpack joe wrote:Manhattan LSAT has a self-study program with recorded classes so you can go at your own pace.
Thanks for the shout-out. There's also a live online classes that starts on 8/23 - it meets 3X/week. PM me for details or poke around on our site. I agree with Earlcat. We get a lot of "refugees" from weekend courses. I'd beware.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”