Can I Expect to Improve Significantly? Please weigh in!

ag912

Can I Expect to Improve Significantly? Please weigh in!

Postby ag912 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 pm

I took a diagnostic one month ago and scored a 158, took another one yesterday and scored a 165.

Is the largest increase generally from the first to the second or is it possible for me to see increasing gains?

thanks.

WhoIsDonDraper

Re: Can I Expect to Improve Significantly? Please weigh in!

Postby WhoIsDonDraper » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Until you score a 180 it is possible to see increases in your score. And I really don't mean that sarcastically. However, the higher you score, the more effectively and intensely you have to study. Read the "How I scored a 180" posts on the message boards if you are curious about how other people studied to get their scores.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

Depends. What methods did you use to study?
Also, what are your weak points?

If it's LG, then you probably can improve a lot (since IMO it's the most learnable section)
If it's RC, improvement will be pretty hard (I have barely improved at all).
LR is also a little difficult to improve but IMO much easier than RC.

I'd say in a month you'll probably be in the 169-172 range (my numbers and study time were close to yours. But obviously there's a lot of factors involved so it's just an estimate)

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 pm

ag912 wrote:I took a diagnostic one month ago and scored a 158, took another one yesterday and scored a 165.

Is the largest increase generally from the first to the second or is it possible for me to see increasing gains?

thanks.

It all depends on why you're missing those problems. Sit down and look at the problem types you are missing, find your weak sections and target your study. You might peak eventually, but you can continue working on improving your consistency.

ag912

Postby ag912 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:15 am

I miss more on logic games than I do on RC and LR combined. I basically want to know if i can break the elusive 170 Barrier in 1.5 months....

I've been taking test masters and I just bought the LG/LR book from powerscore. I hope to get through the LG book this month and focus on LR the last two weeks because its my 2nd weakest section.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”