binary grouping game Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wanderlust

New

binary grouping game

Post by wanderlust » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:22 am

Binary grouping games always take me longer than other types. The LG bible method works great for me in nearly all types of games. But I don't think it helps me very much on binary games.
Any suggestions which prep company perhaps has a better approach? (Manhattan's arrows approach seems a bit overwhelming)
Thanks!

kublaikahn

Silver

Re: binary grouping game

Post by kublaikahn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 am

wanderlust wrote:Binary grouping games always take me longer than other types. The LG bible method works great for me in nearly all types of games. But I don't think it helps me very much on binary games.
Any suggestions which prep company perhaps has a better approach? (Manhattan's arrows approach seems a bit overwhelming)
Thanks!
Manhattan is a much easier approach to binary games. You can do the games almost without even thinking.

wanderlust

New

Post by wanderlust » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:00 am

really??
I haven't look into their method. It's just their diagram seems huge, esp. if the game has large number of variables. Guess I'll try out their method then.

chadbrochill

Bronze

Post by chadbrochill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:21 am

Last edited by chadbrochill on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kublaikahn

Silver

Post by kublaikahn » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am

The setup may take a little longer bc if you rush and make a stupid mistake (i.e draw an arrow in the wrong direction or something) you are hosed on almost all questions. But I guess you run the risk of those types of errors with the LG format as well.

I studied the LG bible and found that my binaries were taking me 8-9 minutes eventhough I felt like they should be an easy game type for me. I switched to manhattan and never went over 5-6 minutes again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”