Seeing Inferences on LG

THE_U

Seeing Inferences on LG

Postby THE_U » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 pm

LG is my worst section and I attribute a lot of my problems to not seeing inferences fast enough or at all at times. I feel like once I do see something, I have little trouble stringing together inferences. Overall, I find that the questions are pretty easy if I do manage to get most or all of the inferences for that game (which is obvious lol). Anyone have any ideas for making myself see the initial inferences easier, right after reading/diagramming the rules?

lrslayer

Re: Seeing Inferences on LG

Postby lrslayer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 pm

THE_U wrote:LG is my worst section and I attribute a lot of my problems to not seeing inferences fast enough or at all at times. I feel like once I do see something, I have little trouble stringing together inferences. Overall, I find that the questions are pretty easy if I do manage to get most or all of the inferences for that game (which is obvious lol). Anyone have any ideas for making myself see the initial inferences right after reading/diagramming the rules?

often i don't see the inferences right away also. but i just keep my pencil moving. here is what i do and i am going -0 under time quite consistently these days. first do the gimme question. then do the situation questions (if k goes on spot day then what must be true? etc. ) after you answer these questions you can easily use these templates to answer the remaining questions. sometimes it will get you down to two options and you will have to try one out. there are some games where there are little to no hypothetical type questions but these will typically have such an extensive universal setup that you should be able to figure them out easily. well, this is how i do it and it works for me. maybe give this a try and see if it works for you too :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”