December 2011 LSAT Study Group

barneytrouble
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby barneytrouble » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?


I've decided on 1 LG, 1 RC passage, and 13 LRs one of each type.

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby 180asBreath » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

barneytrouble wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?


I've decided on 1 LG, 1 RC passage, and 13 LRs one of each type.


I've still been debating how I should warm up (I've been doing 1 LG 1 RC and 12 random LR's). Thanks.

One question, do you grade them? What if you miss a couple and it hurts your confidence?

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?

Everyone's different, but I didn't do anything LSAT related the morning of. tbh I never really saw the point, either you do poorly and it gives you stress, or if you do well any mental help it gives you will have worn off after sitting and waiting for an hour for the test to start.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby thelong » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:05 pm

180asBreath wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:
Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?


I've decided on 1 LG, 1 RC passage, and 13 LRs one of each type.


I've still been debating how I should warm up (I've been doing 1 LG 1 RC and 12 random LR's). Thanks.

One question, do you grade them? What if you miss a couple and it hurts your confidence?


Don't grade it. No good can come of it. It's just about getting your brain working in the morning.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?


In June and Oct I did about 15 LR, 2-3 RC passages and 2-3 games. It always works well for me and gets my mind ready. The amount is entirely subjective, but I think at least a little will be useful.

barneytrouble
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby barneytrouble » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm gonna skate to one song and one song only.

Watch The Throne.

User avatar
180asBreath
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby 180asBreath » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

I've done it a few times; I've had -0 and -1 scores, but on Wednesday I missed a couple of RC's. I don't know if it hurt me.

With the warm-up, I just think it's good to reinforce those good behaviors - and to refresh your memory, without having to worry about timing. It's just a good little reminder of what to do.

I think the single biggest aspect of a good performance is making sure you perform the same behaviors you have all along. If this helps to prevent against this, it can be huge.

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby xChiTowNx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Just took my last PT before Saturday - PT Oct 2011.

LR1 -4
LG -1
LR2 -6
RC -6

for a 167 (original score 152-155 score band)

Not the cleanest RC performance but pretty happy with my LR scores. I did only bikes more than once - the other LGs this was my second time seeing them (first time was Oct 11 actual).

Gonna go walk to library to borrow Game of Thrones to read (hey, it's got dense material for that RC)

As for warm-up, I'm thinking Thurgood Marshall RC cause it's easy, one of each type (about 13 LR) and the warm up LG exercise from LSAT blog.

Let's get it on Saturday!

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby xChiTowNx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

barneytrouble wrote:I'm gonna skate to one song and one song only.

Watch The Throne.


-15 Curve - THAT ISH CRAY!

User avatar
Mr.Binks
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby Mr.Binks » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Ah, good thinking not grading it.

One of the TLSers argued that the LSAT is like running a marathon--you wouldn't run a marathon before warming up and stretching, so you shouldn't take the LSAT without warming up!

I guess it makes sense when put that way.. however, the writers of the LSAT would argue that the TLSer is comparing two things that are similar in one regard as if they were similar in another.......

>.< Good luck, everyone!

User avatar
the_pakalypse
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby the_pakalypse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:57 pm

It hits me that I'm writing the LSAT.. but then that feeling disappears. Pretty much fluctuating at this point between excitement/slight anxiousness :)

User avatar
CorkBoard
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby CorkBoard » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Been taking it easy today. and I'm now making a motivational playlist to listen to while driving to my test center!!

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby Olive » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Evening mates,

So the logic games on PT 62 shit on me. I know the test is on Saturday and many people advocate taking it easy the few days before, but I feel like I should take another PT in order to re-gauge where I am to (hopefully) make sure I'm not really unprepared for LG....

Anyone feel like I should take one or should I take it easy..?


I took PT 62 today and I was surprised by the LGs. It was like PT 61 - I'm not sure why it was so hard for me but it was. I realized during my review of it the games were pretty straightforward. I think one of the reasons I had problems was that I was so panicked I didn't get a good grasp of the game type and inferences and just dove in. I am proud of how I dealt with what I thought was going to be a complete bomb - I practiced moving on and educated guessing and not giving up (which I almost did during this PT and then ended up going -1 on this LG!).

I managed a 172 on this PT only due to a very generous curve.

Not feeling good about RC. Going to execute my exact Saturday plan tomorrow - same breakfast, driving to the test center, etc. I hope it will help the nerves.

Good studying, all!

dba415
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby dba415 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 am

How early do you guys recommend getting up? I am not even sure if I would be able to sleep all that well the night before, but would 5AM be too early? I would wake up, get ready, then just listen to some music and get my mind ready for the big game.

Oh and also am praying that the LG section does not include a game as hard/odd as the bikes game

User avatar
ss3825
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby ss3825 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 am

dba415 wrote:How early do you guys recommend getting up? I am not even sure if I would be able to sleep all that well the night before, but would 5AM be too early? I would wake up, get ready, then just listen to some music and get my mind ready for the big game.

Oh and also am praying that the LG section does not include a game as hard/odd as the bikes game


I will get up at around 6-6:30. I want to make sure I get a good night's sleep.

I will get up especially early tomorrow morning though so that I will be sufficiently tired to fall asleep early tomorrow night.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby noleknight16 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:12 pm

It's Friday morning and I'm nervous as hell.

Ughhhhh :shock:

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby pupshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Good luck tomorrow, everyone. You're all gonna kill it! :mrgreen:

brotoss
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby brotoss » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm

anyone got some predictions for tomorrow? some people on here were pretty accurate for october 2011 before the test regarding the logic games

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby emkay625 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Good luck tomorrow everybody!!

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby TRex77 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.

xChiTowNx
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby xChiTowNx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Popping in before borrowing a shit ton of comic books from the library!

Good luck tomorrow everybody!

'Bout to go SIMBA on the LSAT!

Image

User avatar
SA1928
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby SA1928 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 pm

TRex77 wrote:So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.


I think you'll be fine for your ID. I think the 6-month rule was only for the little passport size photo that you attach to the ticket. I'm sure your face in your driver's license is still recognizable/expected. I wouldn't sweat it. :D :wink:

Also! I decided to take the rest of yesterday off after severely bombing a PT yesterday morning (worst one ever! nothing like a little confidence boost two days before the test!) and was highly considering withdrawing from the test for tomorrow. I just decided to try another section of LR and received my best score on a LR section ever. So maybe I was just a little burnt out with having a rough work week/trying to do too many tests too quickly...either way, decided to take the test tomorrow after all, see how it goes and if I feel bad about it, just cancel! Releases that mental pressure!

Best of luck to everybody, everyone in here has put in an amazing amount of effort and focus over the past few months and I am sure will do amazing on tomorrow's exam! I'm praying for that -15 curve!!! :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :wink: :twisted:

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby Olive » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 pm

SA1928 wrote:
TRex77 wrote:So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.


I think you'll be fine for your ID. I think the 6-month rule was only for the little passport size photo that you attach to the ticket. I'm sure your face in your driver's license is still recognizable/expected. I wouldn't sweat it. :D :wink:

Also! I decided to take the rest of yesterday off after severely bombing a PT yesterday morning (worst one ever! nothing like a little confidence boost two days before the test!) and was highly considering withdrawing from the test for tomorrow. I just decided to try another section of LR and received my best score on a LR section ever. So maybe I was just a little burnt out with having a rough work week/trying to do too many tests too quickly...either way, decided to take the test tomorrow after all, see how it goes and if I feel bad about it, just cancel! Releases that mental pressure!

Best of luck to everybody, everyone in here has put in an amazing amount of effort and focus over the past few months and I am sure will do amazing on tomorrow's exam! I'm praying for that -15 curve!!! :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :wink: :twisted:


Praying for that curve, too! Good luck, all. :D

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby tmon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Good luck guys. Chill out tonight, get some rest, and just do what you always do tomorrow. Trust in your preparation. See ya'll in the waiting thread, where we can wildly speculate about experimentals, curve predictions, and such. :D

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Postby DonnaDraper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Good luck everyone! Rock it! If you run into a tough spot, push through it and don't give up!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests