December 2011 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dami

New

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Post by Dami » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

SA1928 wrote:
Dami wrote:is the study session still Sunday (tonight) at 8?
I got wrapped up a bit, and I think I missed the session. Just tried logging in to see if anyone was in there...did it happen?

Also, interested in reviewing a test (anything before 53 + A/B/C/June 2007) if anyone needs to someone to review with one day!
I don't think it happened. I was in the room at for a couple of minutes and no one was there.

We're taking 40 on tuesday and probably reviewing it on wed.

SA1928

Bronze

Post by SA1928 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Okay great! Probably at 8pm again?

Dami

New

Post by Dami » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 pm

SA1928 wrote:Okay great! Probably at 8pm again?

I think 8 pm is when the entire group meets, its only me and ngogirl that's taking 40 (to my knowledge at least) so we'll probably meet at a different time

bbalcrzy23

Bronze

Post by bbalcrzy23 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Looking for some advice.

Took the testmasters course for the Oct LSAT. Got great accuracy on the HW but got stuck in the 163-169 range due to timing issues, especially on LG (consistently missing 4-5 due to running out of time) - which in my opinion is not acceptable for someone looking to get into the 170s. Also struggling a bit on RC. I only have 4 untouched practice tests. I want to get way more comfortable with timed tests.

Possible plan:
1. I marked all of the LR HW problems I had trouble with during the course so I'd first like to spend a few days reviewing all of them. (about 200)
2. Spend a week drilling RC passages.
3. Start taking timed PT's (50-63): PT, review, drill any problem areas, off, repeat

Any comments or recommendations? I'm worried that I will be repeating questions I've seen before - will that give me a false sense of understanding?

Should I supplement my materials with one of the bibles or another book? I don't want to change my methodology too much but maybe they will be a good addition.

I'm also considering joining the study group. How many PT's do you take each week?

Thanks in advance.

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Dami wrote:
SA1928 wrote:Okay great! Probably at 8pm again?

I think 8 pm is when the entire group meets, its only me and ngogirl that's taking 40 (to my knowledge at least) so we'll probably meet at a different time
We're going to meet at 7pm to review PT 40. Anyone is welcome to join!!
Last edited by ngogirl on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kit Cloudkicker

New

Post by Kit Cloudkicker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:15 am

Hello. Checking in for the December LSAT. I've been lurking for a few months and I'm hoping to reap some of the benefits that a study group offers.

Good luck to everyone.

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 am

bbalcrzy23 wrote:Looking for some advice.

Took the testmasters course for the Oct LSAT. Got great accuracy on the HW but got stuck in the 163-169 range due to timing issues, especially on LG (consistently missing 4-5 due to running out of time) - which in my opinion is not acceptable for someone looking to get into the 170s. Also struggling a bit on RC. I only have 4 untouched practice tests. I want to get way more comfortable with timed tests.

Possible plan:
1. I marked all of the LR HW problems I had trouble with during the course so I'd first like to spend a few days reviewing all of them. (about 200)
2. Spend a week drilling RC passages.
3. Start taking timed PT's (50-63): PT, review, drill any problem areas, off, repeat

Any comments or recommendations? I'm worried that I will be repeating questions I've seen before - will that give me a false sense of understanding?

Should I supplement my materials with one of the bibles or another book? I don't want to change my methodology too much but maybe they will be a good addition.

I'm also considering joining the study group. How many PT's do you take each week?

Thanks in advance.
I think the PS bibles are a good addition to the TM methodologies. It's not confusing, in fact some of the methodologies are the same for LR, but there are many that are beneficial and help out. Also I found the PS LG Bible incredibly helpful, my technique is to combine both the formats of TM and PS games techniques!!

Once you are done with the Bibles, and by done I mean having gone through them carefully and in depth, then I would suggest going through the Manhattan books.

HTH :P

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:58 am

PT 48 RC passage #3, question 14.

I missed this question both times I've taken this PT.

I understand the correct answer, but I don't understand with what criteria we are suppose to eliminate B.

Isn't B supported by lines 45-51?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Sounds like Sunday didn't happen.

I'll lead the first half of session 4 tonight at 8pm ET. If someone wants to lead the second half, I'll shoot you the question list if you'd like to prepare.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Sounds like Sunday didn't happen.

I'll lead the first half of session 4 tonight at 8pm ET. If someone wants to lead the second half, I'll shoot you the question list if you'd like to prepare.
Elluminate is down tonight :!:

We'll have to reschedule tonight's session - sorry about that!

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:

Actually, it is working! I just signed in, apparantly I'm the only one in the room!! :(

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:39 pm

hey noah,

three of us are in the study room.. could we still do a session tonight?

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm

So we are going to review PT 53 on Thursday in the room at 6pm. Hope everyone can make it!!
Last edited by ngogirl on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jamesbond

New

Post by jamesbond » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm in this thread, and I truly need the guidance. lol.

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am

ngogirl wrote:So we are going to review PT 53 on Thursday in the room at 6pm. Hope everyone can make it!!
6PM Central?

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am

Olive wrote:
ngogirl wrote:So we are going to review PT 53 on Thursday in the room at 6pm. Hope everyone can make it!!
6PM Central?
No 6PM EST. Does that work for you?

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

ngogirl wrote:
Olive wrote:
6PM Central?
Unfortunately it doesn't, but it's okay. I've got a horrendous time zone difference, but if you all ever meet at a later time I will try to join in.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Can I come by later? Depending on a meeting I have scheduled, I will be an hour late..hope that's okay.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey - Elluminate is back up. I'll host session 4 tonight - 8pm ET - and if anyone want to co-lead, e-mail me.

Looking over this thread, I see a lot of people talking about reviewing PrepTests. I think that's a great idea, but I've seen MANY students do this only and shoot themselves in the foot. The key is to learn strategies and then apply them to PTs, otherwise you're reinforcing bad strategies. So, a little plug for doing strategy sessions as well - like tonight's!

lhess218

New

Post by lhess218 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Back.

And I'll be there tonight. Since I bailed out on leading Session 4, I can lead Session 6.

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:Hey - Elluminate is back up. I'll host session 4 tonight - 8pm ET - and if anyone want to co-lead, e-mail me.

Looking over this thread, I see a lot of people talking about reviewing PrepTests. I think that's a great idea, but I've seen MANY students do this only and shoot themselves in the foot. The key is to learn strategies and then apply them to PTs, otherwise you're reinforcing bad strategies. So, a little plug for doing strategy sessions as well - like tonight's!
Yay, I can finally make it to a session! I've lost my LSAT momentum and I need it back!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm

aeiouy wrote:#400000 #400040 #400080 #4000BF #4000FF
Olive wrote:
ngogirl wrote:
Olive wrote:
6PM Central?
Unfortunately it doesn't, but it's okay. I've got a horrendous time zone difference, but if you all ever meet at a later time I will try to join in.
Aww well drop by when you can, I'm sure we will still be in review.. are you on central time or overseas?

@ aeiouy of course you can! everyone is welcome!!

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I'll be there tonight!

As a side note:

I have been having insomnia on/off, it's related to the LSAT! I stopped having insomnia about a month ago, but this past week it has come back, I cannot fall asleep until 2am, and I keep having LSAT dreams..

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can cure the insomnia?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:05 pm

ngogirl wrote:I'll be there tonight!

As a side note:

I have been having insomnia on/off, it's related to the LSAT! I stopped having insomnia about a month ago, but this past week it has come back, I cannot fall asleep until 2am, and I keep having LSAT dreams..

I can't help but direct you to this question: PT32, S4, Q15 - I am now officially a true dork.

But, more seriously, I'd suggest more exercise during the day. Also, my father-in-law suffers from this, and he was told to not stay in bed, but to go do something boring and then try again, and enjoy lying down and thinking of old pleasant memories, instead of thinking about the fact that you're not sleeping.

Maye

Bronze

Post by Maye » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 pm

ngogirl wrote:I'll be there tonight!

As a side note:

I can't help but direct you to this question: PT32, S4, Q15 - I am now officially a true dork.

But, more seriously, I'd suggest more exercise during the day. Also, my father-in-law suffers from this, and he was told to not stay in bed, but to go do something boring and then try again, and enjoy lying down and thinking of old pleasant memories, instead of thinking about the fact that you're not sleeping.
I second the exercise suggestion. I find the LSAT will put me to sleep sometimes ;)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”