December 2011 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
barneytrouble

Bronze

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Post by barneytrouble » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Oops. One more question:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?
I've decided on 1 LG, 1 RC passage, and 13 LRs one of each type.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

barneytrouble wrote:

What do you guys think is a sufficient amount of "warm-up" questions to do in the morning? I was thinking about doing a RC passage, one LG, and 5 or so LR.

Too much?
I've still been debating how I should warm up (I've been doing 1 LG 1 RC and 12 random LR's). Thanks.

One question, do you grade them? What if you miss a couple and it hurts your confidence?

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Too much?
Everyone's different, but I didn't do anything LSAT related the morning of. tbh I never really saw the point, either you do poorly and it gives you stress, or if you do well any mental help it gives you will have worn off after sitting and waiting for an hour for the test to start.

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:05 pm

180asBreath wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:

Too much?
I've still been debating how I should warm up (I've been doing 1 LG 1 RC and 12 random LR's). Thanks.

One question, do you grade them? What if you miss a couple and it hurts your confidence?
Don't grade it. No good can come of it. It's just about getting your brain working in the morning.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Too much?
In June and Oct I did about 15 LR, 2-3 RC passages and 2-3 games. It always works well for me and gets my mind ready. The amount is entirely subjective, but I think at least a little will be useful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm gonna skate to one song and one song only.

Watch The Throne.

180asBreath

Bronze

Post by 180asBreath » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

I've done it a few times; I've had -0 and -1 scores, but on Wednesday I missed a couple of RC's. I don't know if it hurt me.

With the warm-up, I just think it's good to reinforce those good behaviors - and to refresh your memory, without having to worry about timing. It's just a good little reminder of what to do.

I think the single biggest aspect of a good performance is making sure you perform the same behaviors you have all along. If this helps to prevent against this, it can be huge.

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Just took my last PT before Saturday - PT Oct 2011.

LR1 -4
LG -1
LR2 -6
RC -6

for a 167 (original score 152-155 score band)

Not the cleanest RC performance but pretty happy with my LR scores. I did only bikes more than once - the other LGs this was my second time seeing them (first time was Oct 11 actual).

Gonna go walk to library to borrow Game of Thrones to read (hey, it's got dense material for that RC)

As for warm-up, I'm thinking Thurgood Marshall RC cause it's easy, one of each type (about 13 LR) and the warm up LG exercise from LSAT blog.

Let's get it on Saturday!

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

barneytrouble wrote:I'm gonna skate to one song and one song only.

Watch The Throne.
-15 Curve - THAT ISH CRAY!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr.Binks

Silver

Post by Mr.Binks » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Ah, good thinking not grading it.

One of the TLSers argued that the LSAT is like running a marathon--you wouldn't run a marathon before warming up and stretching, so you shouldn't take the LSAT without warming up!

I guess it makes sense when put that way.. however, the writers of the LSAT would argue that the TLSer is comparing two things that are similar in one regard as if they were similar in another.......

>.< Good luck, everyone!

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:57 pm

It hits me that I'm writing the LSAT.. but then that feeling disappears. Pretty much fluctuating at this point between excitement/slight anxiousness :)

CorkBoard

Gold

Post by CorkBoard » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Been taking it easy today. and I'm now making a motivational playlist to listen to while driving to my test center!!

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Evening mates,

So the logic games on PT 62 shit on me. I know the test is on Saturday and many people advocate taking it easy the few days before, but I feel like I should take another PT in order to re-gauge where I am to (hopefully) make sure I'm not really unprepared for LG....

Anyone feel like I should take one or should I take it easy..?
I took PT 62 today and I was surprised by the LGs. It was like PT 61 - I'm not sure why it was so hard for me but it was. I realized during my review of it the games were pretty straightforward. I think one of the reasons I had problems was that I was so panicked I didn't get a good grasp of the game type and inferences and just dove in. I am proud of how I dealt with what I thought was going to be a complete bomb - I practiced moving on and educated guessing and not giving up (which I almost did during this PT and then ended up going -1 on this LG!).

I managed a 172 on this PT only due to a very generous curve.

Not feeling good about RC. Going to execute my exact Saturday plan tomorrow - same breakfast, driving to the test center, etc. I hope it will help the nerves.

Good studying, all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dba415

New

Post by dba415 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 am

How early do you guys recommend getting up? I am not even sure if I would be able to sleep all that well the night before, but would 5AM be too early? I would wake up, get ready, then just listen to some music and get my mind ready for the big game.

Oh and also am praying that the LG section does not include a game as hard/odd as the bikes game

ss3825

New

Post by ss3825 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 am

dba415 wrote:How early do you guys recommend getting up? I am not even sure if I would be able to sleep all that well the night before, but would 5AM be too early? I would wake up, get ready, then just listen to some music and get my mind ready for the big game.

Oh and also am praying that the LG section does not include a game as hard/odd as the bikes game
I will get up at around 6-6:30. I want to make sure I get a good night's sleep.

I will get up especially early tomorrow morning though so that I will be sufficiently tired to fall asleep early tomorrow night.

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:12 pm

It's Friday morning and I'm nervous as hell.

Ughhhhh :shock:

pupshaw

Silver

Post by pupshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Good luck tomorrow, everyone. You're all gonna kill it! :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brotoss

New

Post by brotoss » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 pm

anyone got some predictions for tomorrow? some people on here were pretty accurate for october 2011 before the test regarding the logic games

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Good luck tomorrow everybody!!

TRex77

New

Post by TRex77 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Popping in before borrowing a shit ton of comic books from the library!

Good luck tomorrow everybody!

'Bout to go SIMBA on the LSAT!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SA1928

Bronze

Post by SA1928 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 pm

TRex77 wrote:So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.
I think you'll be fine for your ID. I think the 6-month rule was only for the little passport size photo that you attach to the ticket. I'm sure your face in your driver's license is still recognizable/expected. I wouldn't sweat it. :D :wink:

Also! I decided to take the rest of yesterday off after severely bombing a PT yesterday morning (worst one ever! nothing like a little confidence boost two days before the test!) and was highly considering withdrawing from the test for tomorrow. I just decided to try another section of LR and received my best score on a LR section ever. So maybe I was just a little burnt out with having a rough work week/trying to do too many tests too quickly...either way, decided to take the test tomorrow after all, see how it goes and if I feel bad about it, just cancel! Releases that mental pressure!

Best of luck to everybody, everyone in here has put in an amazing amount of effort and focus over the past few months and I am sure will do amazing on tomorrow's exam! I'm praying for that -15 curve!!! :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :wink: :twisted:

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:18 pm

SA1928 wrote:
TRex77 wrote:So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.
I think you'll be fine for your ID. I think the 6-month rule was only for the little passport size photo that you attach to the ticket. I'm sure your face in your driver's license is still recognizable/expected. I wouldn't sweat it. :D :wink:

Also! I decided to take the rest of yesterday off after severely bombing a PT yesterday morning (worst one ever! nothing like a little confidence boost two days before the test!) and was highly considering withdrawing from the test for tomorrow. I just decided to try another section of LR and received my best score on a LR section ever. So maybe I was just a little burnt out with having a rough work week/trying to do too many tests too quickly...either way, decided to take the test tomorrow after all, see how it goes and if I feel bad about it, just cancel! Releases that mental pressure!

Best of luck to everybody, everyone in here has put in an amazing amount of effort and focus over the past few months and I am sure will do amazing on tomorrow's exam! I'm praying for that -15 curve!!! :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :wink: :twisted:
Praying for that curve, too! Good luck, all. :D

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Good luck guys. Chill out tonight, get some rest, and just do what you always do tomorrow. Trust in your preparation. See ya'll in the waiting thread, where we can wildly speculate about experimentals, curve predictions, and such. :D

DonnaDraper

Bronze

Post by DonnaDraper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Good luck everyone! Rock it! If you run into a tough spot, push through it and don't give up!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”