December 2011 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lhess218

New

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Post by lhess218 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:00 pm

hmmm.... If I were you, I'd probably take it December 2012. Since you're applying for the 2013-2014 cycle, it might be better for you to sit this one out.

Quick reminder to everyone:
This week is Session 7 at 8pm. I know the syllabus says Session 8, but no one came last week and we decided to move it to this week. See you there!

oliverfg

New

Post by oliverfg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:08 pm

may be joining you guys got the horrible 169

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Just grabbed myself a wonderful 161 on Octobers test, with -12 on games alone. Really shat the bed soooo here's to the December study group!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Sorry to hear it - which games in particular gave you the most trouble? Do you feel that you missed any key inferences?

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Checking in. Got a 171 for this oct test. It's going to be really hard to get over this miserable feeling to start studying again, but fuck, whatever. I don't even fucking know anymore. I don't know...go study group?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:42 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Sorry to hear it - which games in particular gave you the most trouble? Do you feel that you missed any key inferences?
i got a -9 on LG. I usually go -3. I misread a key rule on the second game. lost 5 out of 6 points.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:Sorry to hear it - which games in particular gave you the most trouble? Do you feel that you missed any key inferences?

I haven't really reviewed my test in detail, but I ran out of time before I could do much on the third game, so that didn't help. I missed quite a few on the last game, so I have a feeling I misunderstood a rule or something alone those lines, because I felt like I understood well enough.

To be honest, I had debated withdrawing from the test, as I had been extremely inconsistent in my studying through the summer. Posting in here may have been a kneejerk reaction in retrospect, I think I'll go for the February administration, apply for the next cycle, and put another year of work experience under the belt (NU, I got my eye on you). The materials from the LSAT Blog were extremely helpful, I just failed at sticking with it once the seasonal distractions of living at the shore settled in :(

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm

I've never felt so dejected in my life. I was pting at a 169 average and got a miserable 158.

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm

happyshapy wrote:I've never felt so dejected in my life. I was pting at a 169 average and got a miserable 158.
Last December, I was PTing at 163-164ishhhhh and got a 157. I know your pain. Let's just chalk it up to a bad draw and hope we knock out December. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
happyshapy wrote:I've never felt so dejected in my life. I was pting at a 169 average and got a miserable 158.
Last December, I was PTing at 163-164ishhhhh and got a 157. I know your pain. Let's just chalk it up to a bad draw and hope we knock out December. :D
true i mean i did misread a main rule logic games and lost 5 points there alone. but i got -8 on rc wrong when i thought i nailed it and usually do...

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm

It really hurt to see my score. A 151. I got a 157 when I took it in June...

I want to join this study group and do better.

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:It really hurt to see my score. A 151. I got a 157 when I took it in June...

I want to join this study group and do better.
Can you attribute any reasons as to why you dropped?

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:15 pm

So -13 ended up being the official curve?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dillonjess

New

Post by dillonjess » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 pm

happyshapy wrote:
i got a -9 on LG. I usually go -3. I misread a key rule on the second game. lost 5 out of 6 points.
I did the exact same thing. Screwed up a rule on that game and it screwed me.
I skipped over Q11 without realizing and didnt see it until 14. Had to go back only to realize there were two answers that HAD to be true based on my written rules. Had to redo all of game two. Go super fast through game 3 and guess four answers on 4.

Normal practice scores: low 170s and as high as a 178
Test score: 162
Times I practiced below 163: 2. Once was my first practice and once was after I hadn't practiced for three weeks.

F#% THIS

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 pm

dillonjess wrote:
happyshapy wrote:
I did the exact same thing. Screwed up a rule on that game and it screwed me.
I skipped over Q11 without realizing and didnt see it until 14. Had to go back only to realize there were two answers that HAD to be true based on my written rules. Had to redo all of game two. Go super fast through game 3 and guess four answers on 4.

Normal practice scores: low 170s and as high as a 178
Test score: 162
Times I practiced below 163: 2. Once was my first practice and once was after I hadn't practiced for three weeks.

F#% THIS
I'm so angry. I dont even want to retake because I hate this test so much. I usually go -3 on RC too. I went -8 and thought I killed it during the test. I thought I maybe went -0! 10 fucking wrong on my second LR section. TEN! I mean I guess I had to pee incredibly bad and I was really upset about the LG section, but ten wrong is so shitty compared to my usual -2. I have no clue what happened. I went -4 on first LR which isn't so bad.

geverett

Bronze

Post by geverett » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 pm

I also butchered this test = 164. I am tired of it as well, but upward and onward!

itsaclassic

New

Post by itsaclassic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey friends,

Underperformed massively on the test. I got a 161. PTing high 160s. What is this nonsense? Doomed for mediocrity?

My question: How badly will re-taking in December disadvantage me this cycle? I was hoping to apply early, but clearly that dream has been dashed. My LSAC gpa is a 3.95. I suck at the LSAT.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm

I feel everyone's pain. I also got a 161 after PTing in the high 160's. Also, one of my LG responses apparently didn't register as there was a 0 as my answer choice. Who knows if I would have gotten that one right. It would have bumped me to a 162 if I did get it right.

But I also the second the question about how badly will sending my applications in December hurt me?

Retake baby. Lets rock this.

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm glad I saved 4 recent PT's.

Also, I usually dominate LR. Like I averaged around 2 to 3 missed. I even score 0 on a section before. I missed 6 and 8. That is what killed me. I thought I bombed the first LR and dominated the second LR, yet I did better on the first LR. No clue.

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Dash41 wrote:I'm glad I saved 4 recent PT's.

Also, I usually dominate LR. Like I averaged around 2 to 3 missed. I even score 0 on a section before. I missed 6 and 8. That is what killed me. I thought I bombed the first LR and dominated the second LR, yet I did better on the first LR. No clue.
same. this test seemed to focus on my weak points...parallel reasoning, sufficient assumptions, and attractive wrong answer choices.

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 pm

happyshapy wrote:

same. this test seemed to focus on my weak points...parallel reasoning, sufficient assumptions, and attractive wrong answer choices.
I see you were PTing around 169. I was PTing around 167-168. I don't know how we could have dropped so much. Any idea how you're going to approach the retake?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zanzbar

Bronze

Post by zanzbar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I got a 160. Pretty devastated about it since I was in the 165-167 range leading up to the test, but I guess I just need to try again in December. How bad is it to send out Apps early January?

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm

zanzbar wrote:I got a 160. Pretty devastated about it since I was in the 165-167 range leading up to the test, but I guess I just need to try again in December. How bad is it to send out Apps early January?
I also want an answer from someone specific. Unfortunately, I think the biggest problem is there are a lot less scholarships. I'm sure it may hurt you some on getting in, but I bet the scholarships is the big issue. Just an educated guess though. Unfortunately for me I'm only going to law school if I get full tuition somewhere. Ironically, I don't even want to go to law school this year, I want to go in Fall of 2013, but if I don't get the internship I want I will go in Fall 2012.

happyshapy

Bronze

Post by happyshapy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Dash41 wrote:
happyshapy wrote:

I see you were PTing around 169. I was PTing around 167-168. I don't know how we could have dropped so much. Any idea how you're going to approach the retake?
I'm going to take it in June because I really think taking it at noon will help me. I'm really foggy in the morning.

I also need to work on my weaknesses. I bought the cambridge books by type but I only got through half of the first one before I started working on full PTs. I did all the power score bibles previously. My biggest problem was nerves so I figured PTs were the way to go to get used to self pacing. I KNEW I had a major weakness in suff assumption under intense pressure and I didn't do anything about it. Major mistake. I also spent WAY too much time in LG on the third game when I should have moved on. The second game was easy and had I not rushed it I wouldn't have mis-read the last rule. I have no clue what to do about RC. I crush RC, my methods work for me. I thought I went -2 at the most, but ended up with -8. I really did bad on the last passage even though I was sure it went great.

I'm feeling so down. I studied pretty hard for a long time...I know people say re-take because they did bad and then jumped their scores like 10 points, but I feel like they always say they they didn't study the first time and when they got the bibles they did really well.

Olive

Silver

Post by Olive » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Welcome, October people!

I'm sorry you all are having to studying for this test again. Hopefully just six more weeks to a better score!

Based on your Oct. experience what advice would you give us for December in terms of test taking strategy/test day nerves/etc?

What do you think you learned from the Oct test that you are not going to do this time around?

Thanks in advance!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”