December 2011 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:
xChiTowNx wrote:Just signed up for December, making it official. Also starting a class this week - I am excited. +/- 8 weeks to live/breathe LSAT (with the occasional football study break).

also, anyone want to share good instrumental study music? been using Explosions/Vitamin String and want to know what else is out there.
+1 on Explosions in the Sky

For more instrumental rock, try Mogwai, Royksopp, and Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Electronic might also work since it has no vocals. Try Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada.
Boards of Canada is good although it can make me sleepy. :) I listen to a lot of Deadmau5, Pretty Lights and Ratatat. I also like the Bloody Beetroots for studying...but they might be a bit much for most people. They sort of make me feel like getting into a fight with the LSAT 8)
Thanks for the recs - I'm loving Pretty Lights so far.

While we're talking about instrumental music with a bit of glitch, I highly recommend The Glitch Mob.

Btw, Eich, did you mention the Bloody Beetroots on here a while back? I since downloaded them and am a huge fan.

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:42 pm

My absence has not been without good reason! Just took PT 55:
LR1: -1
RC: -5
LR2: -0
LG: -0
For 94 raw = 174 scaled. New personal best. RC still struggling; 4 of the misses were on the new comparative passage thingy. Hope everyone else is doing well!

naillsat

Bronze

Post by naillsat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:52 pm

barneytrouble wrote:My absence has not been without good reason! Just took PT 55:
For 94 raw = 174 scaled. New personal best. RC still struggling; 4 of the misses were on the new comparative passage thingy. Hope everyone else is doing well!
I give you a wow!

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Class books came in! So excited. Hashed out my PT schedule and gonna incorporate drilling with class HW/lessons - think 12-15 PTs good enough?

Eichörnchen

Silver

Post by Eichörnchen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:57 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:
xChiTowNx wrote:Just signed up for December, making it official. Also starting a class this week - I am excited. +/- 8 weeks to live/breathe LSAT (with the occasional football study break).

also, anyone want to share good instrumental study music? been using Explosions/Vitamin String and want to know what else is out there.
+1 on Explosions in the Sky

For more instrumental rock, try Mogwai, Royksopp, and Godspeed You Black Emperor.

Electronic might also work since it has no vocals. Try Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada.
Boards of Canada is good although it can make me sleepy. :) I listen to a lot of Deadmau5, Pretty Lights and Ratatat. I also like the Bloody Beetroots for studying...but they might be a bit much for most people. They sort of make me feel like getting into a fight with the LSAT 8)
Thanks for the recs - I'm loving Pretty Lights so far.

While we're talking about instrumental music with a bit of glitch, I highly recommend The Glitch Mob.

Btw, Eich, did you mention the Bloody Beetroots on here a while back? I since downloaded them and am a huge fan.
Yea, I started studying with them a lot after learning of them from GoldenGloves in the Oct group. I haven't heard of the Glitch Mob so I'll have to check that out. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lhess218

New

Post by lhess218 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:59 pm

barneytrouble wrote:My absence has not been without good reason! Just took PT 55:
Nice job!
I'll give you my RC if you give me your LG.

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm surprised, people say that comparative reading passages are extremely easy (I can't say personally if they are or aren't). There are a few threads on here about them.

Anyways, good job! You seem to be completely finished with your prep.

rkjay

New

Post by rkjay » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 pm

took the october test and am still on the fence of retaking, did okay but want to kill it next time!

probs will join the study group and manhattan lsat group if there is still room.

been a lurker for a while so its cool to finally post. gluck to everyone studying so far =)

naillsat

Bronze

Post by naillsat » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 pm

ngogirl wrote:
Schang1 wrote:
ngogirl wrote:Hey guys!!

We have another session today.. It is at 8:00pm in the elluminate room, I will be leading the session! :P

On a side note, we are supposed to take PT 54 this week, I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow and am open for review Thursday or Friday at 8:00pm, anyone interested in joining me?
I'd love to! :) I already took that one so am ready to discuss!
Yaay!! Does thursday at 8:00pm work for you?
I am new to the manhattan study group, and have tried to join you guys. But the time is kind of too early for me, because I'm in California and I am still at work at 8:00pm EST (5:00pm PST). If everyone can postpone 1 hr for the next study section, I will probably join you guys.
Last edited by naillsat on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dami

New

Post by Dami » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Review Session 6 is starting on elluminate at 8 pm!

See you there!
Last edited by Dami on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:07 pm

You mean at 8pm, right? I think that's when everyone thinks it is.

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Took PT 54 after a week off from LSAT stuff since Oct test.

RC -3
LR1 -8
LG -4
LR2 -6
---------
161 (raw 80)

For me, I felt great during the test, especially after seeing my RC score (usually -5/-6) This was a self-proctored diagnostic (I used the proctor from law school padawan) for my class and so I am optimistic that having the class will give me a lot of focus to work on my LR - I think the culprit is my rushing and missing the details of the stimulus. Games could have gone better but I really felt I was gonna go -8 during the games. Considering this is the first time I've broke 160, it gives me confidence for the October test (i was pting at 159 and 158 on my last two PTs before) that hey, I might have peaked?! while at the same time, I know that I haven't reached my plateau yet.

These next months are gonna be FUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:30 pm

tehrocstar wrote:
I'm surprised, people say that comparative reading passages are extremely easy (I can't say personally if they are or aren't). There are a few threads on here about them.

Anyways, good job! You seem to be completely finished with your prep.
I actually felt the best about that one out of the 4, and 12 hours later still remember most of the content from it, just wasn't used to the question types I guess.

Thanks but I want to be getting 179s/180s by the time test day rolls around just in case of a drop. Formal logic is still AWFUL (haven't gone over that section in my PS book yet) and RC as well, but I think the best thing was reading Dave Hall's post on 50/50 answers - like what to do when you get rid of 3 answers and have 2 contenders left. Would recommend everyone read it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lulzalicious

New

Post by lulzalicious » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:31 pm

My LG scores are so inconsistent lately. Anywhere from -3-11. I have drilled the shit out of games and still am but it doesnt seem to be helping my consistency at all. Any advice..tips on what Im doing wrong? Ive done the LGB and Manhattans LG and Ive drilled a lott of games, and redone them. LG used to be my strongest section and now its defeating me...

Any ideas on how I get it back? Thanks for any help..

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:45 pm

lulzalicious wrote:My LG scores are so inconsistent lately. Anywhere from -3-11. I have drilled the shit out of games and still am but it doesnt seem to be helping my consistency at all. Any advice..tips on what Im doing wrong? Ive done the LGB and Manhattans LG and Ive drilled a lott of games, and redone them. LG used to be my strongest section and now its defeating me...

Any ideas on how I get it back? Thanks for any help..
Uh take a break and come back to them refreshed maybe? I didn't even look at LSAT stuff for the past week or so before my PT this morning. Really weird that you used to own them and can't anymore.

Speaking of LG has anyone else done 55 yet? or at least just the LG section from it? 4th game took me forever, is there an inference? I didn't find one, just had to plug and chug.

tonton

Bronze

Post by tonton » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:55 am

Hey everyone! Was just wondering how else you drill question types after exhausting the question type sections in books such as Kaplan and LGB. Do you copy and printout only those selected question types from PTs?

naillsat

Bronze

Post by naillsat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 am

tonton wrote:Hey everyone! Was just wondering how else you drill question types after exhausting the question type sections in books such as Kaplan and LGB. Do you copy and printout only those selected question types from PTs?
yes, I use these categorized LG questions: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... e#p1042536
and http://powerscore.com/gamesbible/content_game_info.cfm to do more drilling for each type of questions (like linear, advanced linear, grouping, etc)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:13 pm

barneytrouble wrote: I actually felt the best about that one out of the 4, and 12 hours later still remember most of the content from it, just wasn't used to the question types I guess.

Thanks but I want to be getting 179s/180s by the time test day rolls around just in case of a drop. Formal logic is still AWFUL (haven't gone over that section in my PS book yet) and RC as well, but I think the best thing was reading Dave Hall's post on 50/50 answers - like what to do when you get rid of 3 answers and have 2 contenders left. Would recommend everyone read it.
Hey do you have a link to the post? I looked on http://www.velocitylsat.com/lsat-kung-fu-blog but couldn't find it.

Thanks

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 pm

tehrocstar wrote:
barneytrouble wrote: I actually felt the best about that one out of the 4, and 12 hours later still remember most of the content from it, just wasn't used to the question types I guess.

Hey do you have a link to the post? I looked on http://www.velocitylsat.com/lsat-kung-fu-blog but couldn't find it.

Thanks
It is in his "Three 180s and taking questions" thread in this forum.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=150

The post that starts "this is such a good and rich question"

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

barneytrouble wrote:
tehrocstar wrote:

Thanks

Cool, thanks for that! I'll have to take some time to read through that thread before test day.

ss3825

New

Post by ss3825 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Checking in. Took the Oct test and don't think I did too well. Really messed up in the games section so will probably be taking the December test. Hope you all are doing really well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Maye

Bronze

Post by Maye » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:49 pm

barneytrouble wrote:
tehrocstar wrote:

Thanks

ah, this is really useful! thanks!

barneytrouble

Bronze

Post by barneytrouble » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Maye wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:
tehrocstar wrote:

Thanks

ah, this is really useful! thanks!
NP. If you guys get the time (and it doesn't take much so no excuses) you should really read through the whole thread from that point forward. The 12 part thing or whatever is basically a sparknotes guide to a 180. Don't do it until you've got the fundamentals down though.

tonton

Bronze

Post by tonton » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 am

naillsat wrote:
tonton wrote:Hey everyone! Was just wondering how else you drill question types after exhausting the question type sections in books such as Kaplan and LGB. Do you copy and printout only those selected question types from PTs?
yes, I use these categorized LG questions: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... e#p1042536
and http://powerscore.com/gamesbible/content_game_info.cfm to do more drilling for each type of questions (like linear, advanced linear, grouping, etc)

Thank you soo much naillsat!

lhess218

New

Post by lhess218 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I know that we're doing a review of PT 55 this week.... and I totally just realized that I have to sit this one out because I (very stupidly) forgot to order PT 55 on time. Sorry!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”