December 2011 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dba415

New

Re: December 2011 LSAT Study Group

Post by dba415 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm

welp, all right, am finally done studying for the rest of the way, will do some warmup tomorrow, but time to relax and chill for the rest of the day, good luck everyone.

TRex77

New

Post by TRex77 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:08 pm

SA1928 wrote:
TRex77 wrote:So I was going to use my driver's license for my ID, but just realized it is not recent (as they say to use in the pre LSAT directions). It was when I was 15 and I am 23 now. How big of a problem is this? You can still see it's me, I just weigh 50 lbs more now and look older.
I think you'll be fine for your ID. I think the 6-month rule was only for the little passport size photo that you attach to the ticket. I'm sure your face in your driver's license is still recognizable/expected. I wouldn't sweat it. :D :wink:

Also! I decided to take the rest of yesterday off after severely bombing a PT yesterday morning (worst one ever! nothing like a little confidence boost two days before the test!) and was highly considering withdrawing from the test for tomorrow. I just decided to try another section of LR and received my best score on a LR section ever. So maybe I was just a little burnt out with having a rough work week/trying to do too many tests too quickly...either way, decided to take the test tomorrow after all, see how it goes and if I feel bad about it, just cancel! Releases that mental pressure!

Best of luck to everybody, everyone in here has put in an amazing amount of effort and focus over the past few months and I am sure will do amazing on tomorrow's exam! I'm praying for that -15 curve!!! :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :D :) :wink: :twisted:
I got my worst score in the last 3 months on my last PT as well. When I went back and corrected it I realized that I had missbubbled 2 answers and made 7 RETARDED mistakes so it made me feel a little better...hope I don't do that tomorrow though.

Any tips on bubbling accurately? Besides just being careful...

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:34 pm

tmon wrote:Good luck guys. Chill out tonight, get some rest, and just do what you always do tomorrow. Trust in your preparation. See ya'll in the waiting thread, where we can wildly speculate about experimentals, curve predictions, and such. :D
I didn't really follow the waiting thread was it ever confirmed that exps were in the last two sections?

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:43 pm

JDndMSW wrote:
tmon wrote:Good luck guys. Chill out tonight, get some rest, and just do what you always do tomorrow. Trust in your preparation. See ya'll in the waiting thread, where we can wildly speculate about experimentals, curve predictions, and such. :D
I didn't really follow the waiting thread was it ever confirmed that exps were in the last two sections?
Yes it was apparently the 4th section for some people.

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:06 pm

the_pakalypse wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:
Yes it was apparently the 4th section for some people.
Thank I am pretty sure it was for me but I really did not remember much right after the test and since I was banned for a week following the test I didn't post much.
Excited about tomorrow. Me and my study buddy who are both retaking skype "studied" last night but mostly just googled random shit on ebay. Keeping it light for the retake and "trusting our instincts". Try and relax as much as possible people. Freaking out happens and really will cloud you judgements.
Tonight just drilling some games lightly... I really enjoy them so it won't burn me out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheWatch

New

Post by TheWatch » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Last edited by TheWatch on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm

TheWatch wrote:Hey I was just reading some things and it says that there will be 5 sections plus a writing sample? All my practice tests only had 4 sections and a writing sample. When did the extra section get added?

They just added it this past October

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:19 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
TheWatch wrote:Hey I was just reading some things and it says that there will be 5 sections plus a writing sample? All my practice tests only had 4 sections and a writing sample. When did the extra section get added?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Four scored sections, but five total plus writing because one is an experimental that they use for future administrations. The experimental in past tests has been anywhere from the first section to the fourth.

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:20 pm

You mean the experimental? I saw it on the June 2010...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:28 pm

:shock: :arrow: :roll: :arrow: :lol: :arrow: :mrgreen:

disconnected

New

Post by disconnected » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Let me add to the confusion now :)
I won't be taking my test until Monday; Alternate non-Sabbath test date.
I will walk from the hotel to the test building, .8 miles; Exercise clears my head.
On the way, I will stop at Einstein's Bagels for a cup of yogurt, egg bagel, and orange juice; All brain food.
My test won't be your test :( All I get is a score :( I wonder what MY curve will be.

TheWatch

New

Post by TheWatch » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Last edited by TheWatch on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 pm

TheWatch wrote:
tmon wrote:

Four scored sections, but five total plus writing because one is an experimental that they use for future administrations. The experimental in past tests has been anywhere from the first section to the fourth.
Why didn't my practice tests from the lsac include experimental sections?
u have got to be kidding me...........

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SA1928

Bronze

Post by SA1928 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 pm

TheWatch wrote:
tmon wrote:

Why didn't my practice tests from the lsac include experimental sections?
The experimental section will not count towards your score at all and you won't really know which section was experimental until maybe after the test. Just do your beat on every section as if they are all being scored because you won't know any different during the test, typically. LSAT uses us to test future questions... Just know that tomorrow's test will have 5 sections, which only 2 LR, 1 RC and 1 LG will be scored Plus an experimental which can be LR, RC or LG and lastly the writing sample

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 pm

I'm nervous about the fact I didn't use an "exp section" while PTing. I meant to start incorporating a 5th section from old tests but never got around to it. I hope my brain won't tire out tomorrow. Hopefully the adrenaline of test day will power me through.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Good luck to all of you tomorrow, I'm sure you will all kill it!

noleknight16 wrote:I'm nervous about the fact I didn't use an "exp section" while PTing. I meant to start incorporating a 5th section from old tests but never got around to it. I hope my brain won't tire out tomorrow. Hopefully the adrenaline of test day will power me through.
You'll be fine! Get a good night's sleep.

georgia32

Bronze

Post by georgia32 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I have'nt really posted in this thread like I did for the October one, but I'm dropping by to say good luck to all of you guys. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CorkBoard

Gold

Post by CorkBoard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Good luck everybody! Let's hope for a -15 curve! Getting pretty excited!!

CorkBoard

Gold

Post by CorkBoard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Last edited by CorkBoard on Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Gl everyone!!!!! No matter what happens we are all going to law school!! Just remember that!!

CorkBoard

Gold

Post by CorkBoard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Roza P

New

Post by Roza P » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 pm

GL everyone. Got a handle of Black Label awaiting my return home with open arms

Bombed Oct, so I CAN'T WAIT to redeem myself tomorrow morning

See yall in the waiting thread, let's do this

http://youtu.be/cN_8_t61r0E

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Remember it's not the end of the world, it's just a test. Do your best! And I probably will be too drunk to check in after so see you Monday. By then I should be out of my alcoholic stupor.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 am

I wanted to wish everyone here good luck tomorrow! You've trained long and hard for this. Now, the time has come to put your skills to use. I look forward to welcoming some of you soon to the 1% club.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 am

KevinP wrote:I wanted to wish everyone here good luck tomorrow! You've trained long and hard for this. Now, the time has come to put your skills to use. I look forward to welcoming some of you soon to the 1% club.
Is that a 172 or 173?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”