LSAC Fee waiver

Richardrichard9

LSAC Fee waiver

Postby Richardrichard9 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello,

I am new here, and I figure this topic is probably beat to death, but. . . .

I am applying for a fee waiver. I have done it strategically so that about $3000 I am had in my savings account had been taken out for a surgery I just had done. I see that LSAC says they may ask for your Bank statements. Does this happen (often?) I just don't want it to look super convienient that I took out $3000 then applied for the waiver (my income+my parents' income>$20,000).

gdane

Re: LSAC Fee waiver

Postby gdane » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm

It does happen often. I had to fax in my back statements and w2. Keep in mind that you can appeal.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:00 am

If you are trying to game the system to save $347 that you could manage to pay (but would rather spend on something else that is not essential/an absolute necessity), don't do it.

It's a very bad idea to try to play questionable/possibly shady paperwork games with LSAC, especially just to try and cheap out of spending the $347 to take a shot at trying to build some sort of career as a lawyer.

I'd want to know what type of surgery you just had done that you say you strategically planned. Elective or medically necessary procedure? Cosmetic surgery? Some type of 'enhancement'?

The way you describe it, sounds to me like you just want to hang onto some extra discretionary spending pocket cash.
Last edited by Jeffort on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corwin

Postby Corwin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 am

Richardrichard9 wrote:Hello,

I am new here, and I figure this topic is probably beat to death, but. . . .

I am applying for a fee waiver. I have done it strategically so that about $3000 I am had in my savings account had been taken out for a surgery I just had done. I see that LSAC says they may ask for your Bank statements. Does this happen (often?) I just don't want it to look super convienient that I took out $3000 then applied for the waiver (my income+my parents' income>$20,000).

It should be easy enough to provide documentation of the date of your surgery to show that the withdrawal was to pay for that, not to dodge application fees.

Richardrichard9

Postby Richardrichard9 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:43 am

Jeffort wrote:If you are trying to game the system to save $347 that you could manage to pay (but would rather spend on something else that is not essential/an absolute necessity), don't do it.

It's a very bad idea to try to play questionable/possibly shady paperwork games with LSAC, especially just to try and cheap out of spending the $347 to take a shot at trying to build some sort of career as a lawyer.

I'd want to know what type of surgery you just had done that you say you strategically planned. Elective or medically necessary procedure? Cosmetic surgery? Some type of 'enhancement'?

The way you describe it, sounds to me like you just want to hang onto some extra discretionary spending pocket cash.

I had a L4/5 discectomy. To relieve about 2 years of Sciatic nerve pain/damage. I "strategically" was going to apply for a waiver now because the payment had already been made, and I knew it wouldn't be in my bank account so I would have less chance of getting denied.

If you don't believe I had the surgery, I could always upload a picture of the incision.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”