October LSAT

October LSAT

Postby zdamico » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

After talking to a few family members and an LSAT counselor at my University, I decided that taking the October LSAT of my junior year was my best option. I am going into my junior year now, so obviously that leaves me about two months left to study (I have been studying for about two weeks, which will put me at 2.5 months total).

I designed a study plan for myself involving studying, practice testing, analyzing my weaknesses, reviewing, more testing, etc. etc. I plan to do what I can until August 30th, the deadline date, and then evaluate whether I am comfortable registering with a month left to study.

Is this a good plan? Is there a general trend for how people perform on official prep tests and how they do on the actual LSAT? Obviously it depends on test-taking skills and stress levels, but is there any sort of general trend?

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it greatly.

Re: October LSAT

Postby ms08g » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Take a diagnostic. Create a study plan involving drilling by question type for LR, game type for LG, and by section for RC and keep track of your timing with a stopwatch. Then move on to PTs after 1.5 months, and do them for that final month. But, I would really recommend sitting for the December or June test. There's no incentive to take a test that you're not 100% prepared for. Most agree it takes 3-4 months to prepare, and for some longer than that.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”