Kaplan's Free Practice Exam Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolboundfuture

Bronze

Kaplan's Free Practice Exam

Post by lawschoolboundfuture » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Has anyone taken their free practice exam? There is on in DC on the 20th and i want to know if its worth going to. Reviews?

booboo

Silver

Re: Kaplan's Free Practice Exam

Post by booboo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 pm

It's an official PrepTest, and will likely note which one on the exam. It's a great chance to take the exam under strict conditions, and can be a diagnostic if it is the beginning of your studies.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:24 pm

I took it. It's a good setting to get a diagnostic LSAT score since it helps mimic some real testing conditions (strictly timed, multiple people taking it together, etc.). It's an official PT meaning it was an actual LSAT (I think they use the June 2007 one), so it's as representative of the material as any other PT. It's worth going to if you want to take a practice LSAT under more realistic conditions.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:26 pm

They do two - one that is proctored as if it is a real LSAT. They check your ID, sit you down, make you write a non-disclosure statement in cursive, give you longwinded instructions - generally recreating testing situations as much as possible. The other they do on a regular basis as a one-off basis. It's more casual. It's still proctored by somebody who has a watch and pops in to give you a five minute warning and ending of section. Both are pretty transparently marketing tools, but the former gives you a pretty accurate view of what to expect on the real deal. The latter is still not bad.

If it's free and you have time, go for it.

If you don't want follow-up calls to sell the class to you, give a fake phone number and email address.

lawschoolboundfuture

Bronze

Post by lawschoolboundfuture » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Will they tell you what test in advance? What if I have done that one?

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:Will they tell you what test in advance? What if I have done that one?
They should be able to tell you - yes. Call and ask.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”