What is this PT review you speak of?

TMC116

What is this PT review you speak of?

Postby TMC116 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:06 pm

So after reading dozens and dozens of threads about studying, taking PTs, and reviewing tests, i'm left with a couple (very important) questions.

How, exactly, do i spend my time reviewing the tests and sections?

I know that im supposed to mark down the questions i got wrong, guessed on, or felt unsure about. Then i'm supposed to write out why each answer is right and each one is wrong. But i'm trying to figure out the best way to do this so i dont waste my time.

Can someone show me an example of what the review would look like for 1 LR question?

Also, where can i find explanations for LR and RC answers? The wiki site on PTs is pretty sparse and unhelpful.

Thanks for the help guys.

gaud

Re: What is this PT review you speak of?

Postby gaud » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 pm

I would literally erase the entire test (or make a copy) and then do the test again untimed. During this 'retake' I would go over EACH AND EVERY answer choice with my laptop right next to me and write out (couple sentences to a paragraph, depending on the question) why each choice is either correct or incorrect.

I know that Manhattan/Atlas LSAT has a section of their site devoted to helping to answer why certain difficult questions are either correct or incorrect.

example:

1. If I jump, I jump high. If I jump high, I touch the ceiling.

Q. What can be properly concluded from what was written above?

a. If i touch the ceiling, I jump high. (INCORRECT: touching the ceiling does not necessarily mean that I did so from jumping high...although jumping high does mean that i touched the ceiling.)

b. Cats are mammals. (INCORRECT: irrelevant.)

c. If i jump, I touch the ceiling. (CORRECT: you can combine both conditional statements to properly conclude this)

Ofcourse my example is not 'full-proof' so whatever, but I am sure you can catch sort of the gist of things by looking at it.

hope that all helps.

You also may want to check out the SuperPrep Book.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”