Best way to review LG sections after a PT

framboozer

Best way to review LG sections after a PT

Postby framboozer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Forgive me if this is an overly general question, but what is the best method for reviewing a LG section after you take a practice test to see where you went wrong and what you did right?

In general, I find it difficult to review LG, since my biggest problem is that I'm not nearly systematic enough. I take way to long to set up a functional diagram, and I find my diagrams insufficient. In review, should I primarily be trying to set up the game as efficiently as possible, while trying to list all possible inferences and what inferences each answer choice relies on?

JamMasterJ

Re: Best way to review LG sections after a PT

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Redo the game. Look to find more level two inferences.

framboozer

Postby framboozer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Yea, I figured that re-doing the games would be step one. I tried to make a list of all inferences that became apparent, but I think what I'm most stuck on is the best way to diagram certain rules. Sigh.

clouds101

Postby clouds101 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 pm

framboozer wrote:Yea, I figured that re-doing the games would be step one. I tried to make a list of all inferences that became apparent, but I think what I'm most stuck on is the best way to diagram certain rules. Sigh.

Do you have a specific example of a problem where you had problems diagramming? This is a good place to ask.

bruss

Postby bruss » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:29 pm

What method of diagraming do you use. Powerscore, kaplan, LG for dummies, mlsat.....or do you just do your own thing?

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 am

framboozer wrote:Forgive me if this is an overly general question, but what is the best method for reviewing a LG section after you take a practice test to see where you went wrong and what you did right?

In general, I find it difficult to review LG, since my biggest problem is that I'm not nearly systematic enough. I take way to long to set up a functional diagram, and I find my diagrams insufficient. In review, should I primarily be trying to set up the game as efficiently as possible, while trying to list all possible inferences and what inferences each answer choice relies on?

The answer really depends. Personally, I can usually tell whether I should start looking for inferences, start drawing out templates or just attack the questions directly. Most of the "intuition" comes from drilling so many game types.

Also, the Manhattan LSAT forum has a lot of the diagrams for the games.
http://www.manhattanlsat.com/forums/log ... 3fa772b281
I compare my diagrams to the ones they post and sometimes their diagrams are so much better than mine, which really helps me improve my diagrams.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”