Which Prep Tests?

lawschoolboundfuture

Which Prep Tests?

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:59 pm

First of all, I am taking the powerscore course. I know it's important to take lots of practice tests to improve your score, but I want to take practice tests that have new questions. Which tests does powerscore not take questions from? Thanks so much in advance.

Sloth Hero

Re: Which Prep Tests?

Postby Sloth Hero » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Don't be too worried about repeats -- there's a thread somewhere by Earlcat that talks about the benefits of repeating material. If anything, save your 'virgin' prep tests till later on in your studying so you can use them as a semi-accurate gauge for your real score. But of course you should have solved, understand, and be able to explain EVERY SINGLE RELEASED QUESTION before you take the real LSAT, at least imo.

lawschoolboundfuture

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:53 pm

The problem is I just took a practice test that had a lot of repeat questions in it and got a 173 on it. Last week I took a practice test and only got a 161. The huge jump in score is mostly from the repeat of questions we did in class. So it be great to know which tests will give me a valid assessment of my progress in the next 2 months or so.

Grond

Postby Grond » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:42 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:The problem is I just took a practice test that had a lot of repeat questions in it and got a 173 on it. Last week I took a practice test and only got a 161. The huge jump in score is mostly from the repeat of questions we did in class. So it be great to know which tests will give me a valid assessment of my progress in the next 2 months or so.

All of the clean practice tests are in the online supplement. Use those.

Sloth Hero

Postby Sloth Hero » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Just remember practice tests are for learning! Not for telling you how you are going to score.

Well they are, but you shouldn't be crazed about getting a the closest measure of your current ability all the time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”