DC Test Center?

anela00

DC Test Center?

Postby anela00 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Does anyone have any advice on which DC test center I should choose? I live in Cleveland Park and I'm going to register for the December test. My choices are:

University of DC School of Law
American University Washington School of Law
Georgetown University
Howard University
Catholic University of America
University of Maryland

Any thoughts on which one is ideal?

Thanks in advance!

----Updated----

I'm resurrecting this thread. I'm going to register for June just in case I need to, but it already looks like I'm too late to get a good DC test center. (Which would be American, based on previous comments.)

Does anyone have any comments about the following DC test centers? These are the only ones currently available for June.

University of Maryland College Park
Northern Virginia CC--Annandale
Northern Virginia CC--Springfield
Bowie State University
College of Southern Maryland
Anne Arundel Community College

UDC would be an ideal location since I live in Cleveland Park, but it sounds like from the comments here (http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-sites.php?state=DC) that the room is hot, which wouldn't be good in June at all.

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by anela00 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AquaGreenBean

Re: DC Test Center?

Postby AquaGreenBean » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Do you have a car or do you Metro? If you have a car, or a good friend/family member that can drive you, I have read that the Towson test center is the best in the area. If you can't get there, American is the highest rated one in DC.

Here are the sites where I read reviews. I am so glad I did because I was going to take it at UMCP and in the reviews I read they have small desks and I need my space to spread out.

--LinkRemoved--

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

Good Luck!

anela00

Postby anela00 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:09 pm

I have a car but prefer to Metro, but I will drive if it means a better center.

THANK YOU!

IamIn

Postby IamIn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:50 pm

American University is the best center from what I've heard. I took the test at UDC and it was ok... Desks were large enough, but the proctors weren't organized very well.. We started the test very late...

cany

Postby cany » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

I took LSAT last yr at GT.The desks were awful.Just curious,if American is any good with desk size :?

anela00

Postby anela00 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:41 am

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

anela00

Postby anela00 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm resurrecting this thread. I'm going to register for June just in case I need to, but it already looks like I'm too late to get a good DC test center. (Which would be American, based on previous comments.)

Does anyone have any comments about the following DC test centers? These are the only ones currently available for June.

University of Maryland College Park
Northern Virginia CC--Annandale
Northern Virginia CC--Springfield
Bowie State University
College of Southern Maryland
Anne Arundel Community College

UDC would be an ideal location since I live in Cleveland Park, but it sounds like from the comments here (http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-sites.php?state=DC) that the room is hot, which wouldn't be good in June at all.

Thank you in advance!

NYDCKid2014

Postby NYDCKid2014 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:19 pm

With UDC just know you start about an hour later than at Georgetown, but you get a lot of Desk space at UDC, Georgetown does not.

anela00

Postby anela00 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:12 pm

NYDCKid2014 wrote:With UDC just know you start about an hour later than at Georgetown, but you get a lot of Desk space at UDC, Georgetown does not.

Desk space is definitely good! Do you know anything about the other test centers? Georgetown isn't available for June.

weiweilt

Postby weiweilt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:39 pm

NYDCKid2014 wrote:With UDC just know you start about an hour later than at Georgetown, but you get a lot of Desk space at UDC, Georgetown does not.

Not really. I took the Dec in UDC and they only had one classroom for the test. Test takers including me whose last name start from V to Z did not even have seats! So the proctor squished us in between other test takers and we had the exam shoulder to shoulder.
That being said, I was lucky that those beside me were slim and quiet. :)

anela00

Postby anela00 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:00 pm

weiweilt wrote:Not really. I took the Dec in UDC and they only had one classroom for the test. Test takers including me whose last name start from V to Z did not even have seats! So the proctor squished us in between other test takers and we had the exam shoulder to shoulder.
That being said, I was lucky that those beside me were slim and quiet. :)

Oh my gosh, that's terrible!

sportgirl234

Postby sportgirl234 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:06 pm

do it at umd. great conditions. that is where i took mine.

Byzantine

Postby Byzantine » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:44 pm

UMD sucked facilities-wise (bad wobbly desks, dank little rooms).

NOCA CC-Annadale has awesome rooms and desks, and its really easy to drive and park.

Lily Pad

Postby Lily Pad » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I took it at UMD and would recommend it. Very organized and professional proctors, well-lit, not too many test-takers in any given classroom and a generally quiet environment. The desks were on the small side though, so if you are the kind of person who likes to spread out, that is something to be aware of.

mickeyD

Postby mickeyD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:43 am

Catholic was absolutely amazing. We all got our own tables, proctors used two digital timers- one set for 30 minutes so you know when you have 5 minutes left, and another set for 35 minutes for the end of the section. Huge windows which let in natural light, only 12-15 people per classroom. Can't go wrong.

anela00

Postby anela00 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone. So it sounds like I should pick either UMD or NOCA CC-Annadale!

mickeyD wrote:Catholic was absolutely amazing. We all got our own tables, proctors used two digital timers- one set for 30 minutes so you know when you have 5 minutes left, and another set for 35 minutes for the end of the section. Huge windows which let in natural light, only 12-15 people per classroom. Can't go wrong.

Wow, that sounds great. Too bad it's not available for June anymore. :(

anela00

Postby anela00 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Byzantine wrote:NOCA CC-Annadale has awesome rooms and desks, and its really easy to drive and park.

I think I'm leaning toward this test center given the mixed reviews of UMD. Was there enough room to spread out on the desks? How many test takers were there in a room? Was the temperature in the room okay? Were the proctors (or anything else) distracting at all?

Many thanks!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”