LSAT classes or good instructors in Austin, Texas???

lsataker1

LSAT classes or good instructors in Austin, Texas???

Postby lsataker1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Please help me choose good LSAT classes or good instructors in Austin, Texas.

bp shinners

Re: LSAT classes or good instructors in Austin, Texas???

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

Just as a general FYI, if you want to see the teaching style of any of our instructors (including the Austin one, Curtis), just call up the main office and we'll set up a time for you to sit in on a class.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 am

I had a good experience with the Kaplan Advanced class. However, prep courses are expensive, and I think my experience had a lot to do with my instructor, who was great. Not sure if she's still teaching, but if your cold diag is/was in the mid-high 150s or better, I'd recommend taking Kristin Longley's class. She has a lot of good advice on the application process and law school in general. (And IIRC she's how I found out about TLS haha.)

I think many on TLS advocate getting your hands on as many preptests as you can, self-study with the powerscore bibles, etc. There are a lot of threads about this and some guides that will help you plan your self-study if you decide to go that route. I would probably do that if I had to do it all over again and save myself $1200 :/

lsataker1

Postby lsataker1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks, JordynAsh !

JordynAsh wrote:I had a good experience with the Kaplan Advanced class. However, prep courses are expensive, and I think my experience had a lot to do with my instructor, who was great. Not sure if she's still teaching, but if your cold diag is/was in the mid-high 150s or better, I'd recommend taking Kristin Longley's class. She has a lot of good advice on the application process and law school in general. (And IIRC she's how I found out about TLS haha.)

I think many on TLS advocate getting your hands on as many preptests as you can, self-study with the powerscore bibles, etc. There are a lot of threads about this and some guides that will help you plan your self-study if you decide to go that route. I would probably do that if I had to do it all over again and save myself $1200 :/

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I live in Austin, and I have been tutoring LSAT for about 4 years.

99%ile LSAT score
3L at UT
Law Review
Two SAs this summer

Holla

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 am

bp shinners wrote:Just as a general FYI, if you want to see the teaching style of any of our instructors (including the Austin one, Curtis), just call up the main office and we'll set up a time for you to sit in on a class.

Are there two Curtis'?

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:12 am

bp shinners wrote:Just as a general FYI, if you want to see the teaching style of any of our instructors (including the Austin one, Curtis), just call up the main office and we'll set up a time for you to sit in on a class.

I highly recommend this as well. Blueprint was very accommodating about letting you view their classes before signing up.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 am

JazzOne wrote:I live in Austin, and I have been tutoring LSAT for about 4 years.

JazzOne is one of the top contributors to the LSAT forum ever. OP needn't look any further.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:57 pm

loomstate wrote:

Are there two Curtis'?

I don't believe so, just Curtis Wade.

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 pm

bp shinners wrote:
loomstate wrote:

Are there two Curtis'?

Curtis Wade is scheduled as the instructor for the Arizona BP course for the Oct. test.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:18 pm

loomstate wrote:
bp shinners wrote:
loomstate wrote:

Are there two Curtis'?

Curtis Wade is scheduled as the instructor for the Arizona BP course for the Oct. test.

So I'm dumb. My brain conflated a thread about Phoenix and Austin, and they existed as the same location in my head over the past few days.

Elan is our instructor in Austin! But everything else I said still applies - call the office if you want to arrange a time to sit in on the class!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”