Question for those who have taken Testmasters...

notaznguy

Question for those who have taken Testmasters...

Postby notaznguy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Generally when you did homework, especially for Logical Reasoning, are the problems suppose to get progressively more difficult in a set?

For instance, I am doing our "Homework #1" right now for LR, and there are 40 problems. They are conditional reasoning problems. The first 29 were relatively easy. Doing them untimed, I got 25/30 correct. However, when I began on the last 10 problems, I noticed that I was constantly getting stumped. The questions were being phrased more difficult in the sense that the conditional structures were harder to identify and there were very few indicators.

Furthermore, I noticed that in the first 29 problems or so, most of the online explanations were explained in writing form. When I got to the last 8 problems or so, they were ALL in VIDEO form. In this a suggestion that the last 10 problems or so are so difficult that they need videos to explain them?

kaiser

Re: Question for those who have taken Testmasters...

Postby kaiser » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Yes, they typically get more difficult as you go along. Look at the answer keys. They list out what number the questions were in their original test sections. The earlier questions in the Testmasters assignment are typically lower numbered questions from their respective tests (i.e. questions that typically fall within the first 10 questions from their actual tests). But once you get to the final few questions on the Testmasters assignment, almost every one was something like #22, 23, 24, etc. in its section. This is an indication that the questions are much harder. So yes, they do increase in difficulty as you go along, at least in general.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 pm

I don't remember that being the case, but I rarely got to the end of any LR homework. I do remember stretches in the middle of sections where I would struggle for some reason, and other times I'd miss a few early in the section, so your case is probably a bit of a fluke.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:I don't remember that being the case, but I rarely got to the end of any LR homework. I do remember stretches in the middle of sections where I would struggle for some reason, and other times I'd miss a few early in the section, so your case is probably a bit of a fluke.

Well, I have no life this summer except to devote my life to Testmasters and the LSAT, so I have plenty of time to do homework. I finished all my homework (minus those last 8 questions...I mean I did them, but I'm still figuring out why I can't do them right). I'm even RE-DOING all of my homework before class just because I have nothing better to do.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:40 pm

notaznguy wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:I don't remember that being the case, but I rarely got to the end of any LR homework. I do remember stretches in the middle of sections where I would struggle for some reason, and other times I'd miss a few early in the section, so your case is probably a bit of a fluke.

Well, I have no life this summer except to devote my life to Testmasters and the LSAT, so I have plenty of time to do homework. I finished all my homework (minus those last 8 questions...I mean I did them, but I'm still figuring out why I can't do them right). I'm even RE-DOING all of my homework before class just because I have nothing better to do.

More power to you. If I had had the time, I would have tried to do it all as well. Sounds like you are off to a good start!

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 pm

notaznguy wrote:

That sounds like it might get you into some trouble later down the line. You're literally going to go over thousands upon thousands of questions by the time all is said and done. Once you get into the later lessons like 13 and 14, you're going to have like 10+ sections worth of material that's going to be due a day and a half later. Rather than redoing your work, try reviewing some of the key tenets and maybe go to the supplemental questions for the same question type.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”