Timing of PS online course

alangsto

Timing of PS online course

Postby alangsto » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 pm

I am planning on taking an online PS score course starting in about a week and ending about a month before the Oct LSAT. I was curious if anyone had any advice for a good way to maybe best prepare myself for the class before it begins and any suggestions for the best way to study after the course, before the actual test. Thanks ahead of time.

TMC116

Re: Timing of PS online course

Postby TMC116 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 pm

alangsto wrote:I am planning on taking an online PS score course starting in about a week and ending about a month before the Oct LSAT. I was curious if anyone had any advice for a good way to maybe best prepare myself for the class before it begins and any suggestions for the best way to study after the course, before the actual test. Thanks ahead of time.

That's the same course (and same time) that i took last year. Basically, read the first chapters of the LRB and LGB to familiarize yourself with those methods. For LG, get comfortable with Basic Linear, Adv Linear, and Grouping. For LR get comfortable with MBT, Flaw, Weaken, and Assumption.

Those 6 or 7 chapters, in total, are the bulk of the course and the bulk of LSAT material. If you familiarize yourself with that, you'll be all set for the course (so it'll be like review). This will get a solid foundation for the concepts

Once the course ends, just focus on full length, 5 section preptests. Take 12-15 in the month before the test and review heavily.

alangsto

Postby alangsto » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 am

TMC116 wrote:
That's the same course (and same time) that i took last year. Basically, read the first chapters of the LRB and LGB to familiarize yourself with those methods. For LG, get comfortable with Basic Linear, Adv Linear, and Grouping. For LR get comfortable with MBT, Flaw, Weaken, and Assumption.

Those 6 or 7 chapters, in total, are the bulk of the course and the bulk of LSAT material. If you familiarize yourself with that, you'll be all set for the course (so it'll be like review). This will get a solid foundation for the concepts

Once the course ends, just focus on full length, 5 section preptests. Take 12-15 in the month before the test and review heavily.

Thanks for the advice. Just out of curiosity how did you like the PS online course? Did you find it helpful, did it contribute to an increased score, etc. Thanks again

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 pm

It was a good course and the instructors were really helpful. Basically there are two downsides with any online prep course (including this one). (1) You don't have much after class access to instructors. They will hang around to answer questions but their ability to help an individual on something specific in the homework is pretty limited (2) They won't proctor tests for you. You'll have to have some self discipline and proctor yourself on testday conditions.

I recommend using an analog watch and an online proctor.

http://www.alpha-score.com/resources/lsat-proctor/

This one will do the trick. It's what i've used.

With those two caveats, it's a great course. I jumped 7-12 points from my diagnostic pretty quickly. Good luck!

alangsto

Postby alangsto » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for getting back to me I figured those would be 2 drawbacks and I will take a look at that link. Thanks again.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”