PT 29, Game 4, Second Question -WTF?

Postby JustE » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:27 am

"Which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of classes"
(A) the fourth, the fifth
(B) the fourth, the sixth
(C) the second, the fourth, the fifth
(D) the third, the fifth, the sixth
(E) the second, the third, the fourth

I know it's early, but I'm obviously missing something here. What the hell are they asking for?

Blessedassurance

Re: PT 29, Game 4, Second Question -WTF?

Postby Blessedassurance » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 am

I'm assuming you're talking about question (21). The whole question is: "which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of classes any one of which could be the class Gimena attends".

Since I and L are in the same class and P is in a class with two others, the other four slots will have a single variable each since there are 9 people. We know the group containing I and L cannot be first because K must be the first female and I is female. K cannot be the first according to the rules so at least two people come before the group containing I and L. G is after I but before P so G cannot be first, second, third or sixth. That leaves fourth and fifth which is answer (A).

I hope it makes sense. The above is perhaps moot, I suspect you didn't get the whole question.

JustE

Re: PT 29, Game 4, Second Question -WTF?

Postby JustE » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 am

Blessedassurance wrote:I'm assuming you're talking about question (21). The whole question is: "which one of the following is a complete and accurate list of classes any one of which could be the class Gimena attends".

Since I and L are in the same class and P is in a class with two others, the other four slots will have a single variable each since there are 9 people. We know the group containing I and L cannot be first because K must be the first female and I is female. K cannot be the first according to the rules so at least two people come before the group containing I and L. G is after I but before P so G cannot be first, second, third or sixth. That leaves fourth and fifth which is answer (A).

I hope it makes sense. The above is perhaps moot, I suspect you didn't get the whole question.

Got it. For some reason, the copy I have didn't print the entire question.... Weird. Thank you!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”