Prepping for October LSAT, Need some advice/info

Prepping for October LSAT, Need some advice/info

Postby LawHungry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 am

So, Heres the deal I am giving a second shot at LSAT on October; and doing a self-study for it. I am using Lsat Super Prep, LG, RC, LR Bibles and my old Testmasters Books that I have from taking the class over a year ago...

However, I had to stop my prep for while in the middle after my first attempt because of some lacking of self-confidence, determination issues. But Now I have started again and wish to get as much done till October.

I Currently work fulltime 5 days a week and study as soon as i Get home, I was thinking of just purchasing the online learning center for Testmasters that only has a bunch of video solutions to problems and the advantage of taking the test online and getting your score.

Would you guys advise me that or would that be a waste of time and I should just stick with self-study. The reason being I can't take a prep course because of my work schedule and I don't know if online prep course is even beneficial compared to inclass interaction.

So what do you guys think; what would you do if you were in my shoes, I guess the worst thing worse for me would be delaying the test to Dec the Latest and still get my applications out for either schools that take either spring and/or fall classes.

anything would be much appreciated;

Re: Prepping for October LSAT, Need some advice/info

Postby BlaqBella » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 am

The best online course out there is Manhattan LSAT. I'm currently a student of one of their online course and I highly suggest it. It's a huge misconception that one needs to sit in a classroom setting to be interactive. My online class is just as interactive (if not, more so) than if I were to take an offline class. The classes are smaller and I get to ask more questions than if I was in a classroom filled with 30+ students. I also work full-time and prefer the online class structure because it allows for me to listen to previous class recordings whenever I want, even during the work day.

I'm also a huge proponent of MLSAT because their online course comes with weekly 30-minute office hours with an instructor to address your personal questions, access to their online forum to discuss questions/exams amongst instructors and students, their own virtual proctor and LSAT score tracker, and access to all of the 63 released LSAT. And this is outside the 12 3-hour classrooms and homework material. Like I said, compared to what other online courses are offering it is truly the best out there. :mrgreen:

If I was you I would suggest taking an online course but pay for one that actually gives you a bigger bang for your buck. But if you decide to self-study, I highly suggest reading MLSAT's own guides. They are far more succinct and unadulterated than the Bibles, more specifically the LR and RC Bibles.

Just my .02.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”