Prepping for the Logic section--#31 game 2 (new/used cds)

mmk33

Prepping for the Logic section--#31 game 2 (new/used cds)

Postby mmk33 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am

I'm prepping to take the October test, and I've been doing a lot of logic games in preparation and making my way through the LG bible.

I've gotten completely hung up on the above game. It is listed in the list of top ten hardest games (http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/ha ... -hard.html), but seriously I cannot crack this game for the life of me. For most of the hardest games what makes them difficult is that they're time-consuming (either in the set up or answer the Qs or both) and so in practice you have to shave that time off of other games in the section. But this one I can't solve regardless of time. The Manhattan LSAT explanation for this game is ten single spaced pages, and even sitting with the explanation open in front of me I cannot see how to solve it.

Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone found a harder game in another test?

glucose101

Re: Prepping for the Logic section--#31 game 2 (new/used cds)

Postby glucose101 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:36 am

Just got to MLSAT's explanation on page 4. It gives you the set up (granted, you'll have to read it if you don't know how to set up binaries), but after that, it's totally manageable.

SanDiegoJake

Re: Prepping for the Logic section--#31 game 2 (new/used cds)

Postby SanDiegoJake » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, people always talk about this one as being really hard, but I just don't agree. I think there are dozens of games more complicated than this one.

Basic In (On Sale)/out (Not on sale) diagram.
Standard conditional clues.
A few tricky questions, but nothing really crazy.

I've done this one in a previous Game of The Week session (online weekly on Monday nights) http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152721

And I'd be happy to do this one again - let me know if you'd like to attend this Monday night in the above cited thread. I'll show you how to beat this game in minutes.

(FYI - The sessions are completely free, and completely anonymous for attendees.)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”