What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby notaznguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 am

Sorry of this sounds incredibly dumb and elementary, but what should I bring? (other than my lesson books)

Tomorrow is just the diagnostic. Should I at least bring my own pencils and erasers or will the company already provide that?

My first day of instruction is on Wednesday. Should I bring just pencils/pens and notebooks to take notes? Are people suppose to take notes? Do people bring laptops to prep courses?

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby glewz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:23 am

I brought my own pencils to my first diagnostic, and I brought my own watch too. I'm pretty sure you don't need pencils/erasers at diagnostics; at my class at least, they were always provided.

In terms of taking notes, I remember one kid brought a laptop consistently, but everyone else just wrote in notebooks or in the coursebooks - up to you.


Be really mentally prepared to work ridiculously hard for the upcoming months.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 am

Pencils should do. I had a notebook but abandoned it quickly; I made a habit of doing my work within the confines of the page as that is how the test is. My best advice for that class is to do the practice problems; the repetition aided me more than anything.

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby notaznguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:50 am

glewz wrote:I brought my own pencils to my first diagnostic, and I brought my own watch too. I'm pretty sure you don't need pencils/erasers at diagnostics; at my class at least, they were always provided.

In terms of taking notes, I remember one kid brought a laptop consistently, but everyone else just wrote in notebooks or in the coursebooks - up to you.


Be really mentally prepared to work ridiculously hard for the upcoming months.


You're scaring me lol. How difficulty will the course be? Do they go at a super fast pace that I won't be able to learn in time? Or is the homework simply overwhelming? I have nothing to do this summer except LSAT stuff, so time is not an issue. I have classes twice a week, 8 hours a week, and the rest of the time will be spent doing problems they give me.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby glewz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:45 am

notaznguy wrote:
glewz wrote:I brought my own pencils to my first diagnostic, and I brought my own watch too. I'm pretty sure you don't need pencils/erasers at diagnostics; at my class at least, they were always provided.

In terms of taking notes, I remember one kid brought a laptop consistently, but everyone else just wrote in notebooks or in the coursebooks - up to you.


Be really mentally prepared to work ridiculously hard for the upcoming months.


You're scaring me lol. How difficulty will the course be? Do they go at a super fast pace that I won't be able to learn in time? Or is the homework simply overwhelming? I have nothing to do this summer except LSAT stuff, so time is not an issue. I have classes twice a week, 8 hours a week, and the rest of the time will be spent doing problems they give me.

Huh? LSAT preparation is naturally intensive, so you'll need to take it seriously; that's all I'm saying. The pace is quick but manageable, assuming that you put in the hours - I took the course before and some of my classmates really wasted their $ (by consistently missing class, not doing homework, etc.) so I'm advising you to work hard.

My class was great, and I'm sure you'll get a similar experience. Good luck!

notaznguy
Posts: 318
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:48 am

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby notaznguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:59 am

glewz wrote:
notaznguy wrote:
glewz wrote:I brought my own pencils to my first diagnostic, and I brought my own watch too. I'm pretty sure you don't need pencils/erasers at diagnostics; at my class at least, they were always provided.

In terms of taking notes, I remember one kid brought a laptop consistently, but everyone else just wrote in notebooks or in the coursebooks - up to you.


Be really mentally prepared to work ridiculously hard for the upcoming months.


You're scaring me lol. How difficulty will the course be? Do they go at a super fast pace that I won't be able to learn in time? Or is the homework simply overwhelming? I have nothing to do this summer except LSAT stuff, so time is not an issue. I have classes twice a week, 8 hours a week, and the rest of the time will be spent doing problems they give me.

Huh? LSAT preparation is naturally intensive, so you'll need to take it seriously; that's all I'm saying. The pace is quick but manageable, assuming that you put in the hours - I took the course before and some of my classmates really wasted their $ (by consistently missing class, not doing homework, etc.) so I'm advising you to work hard.

My class was great, and I'm sure you'll get a similar experience. Good luck!


Oh! I see what you mean now. Yeah I'm definitely not going to be one of those guys who ditch class. I really devoted my whole life to this exam this summer (put off all my social events, hanging out with friends, outings with family, etc.). I should be able to do most, if not all for some reason, of the homework assigned. I just hope this course will really help me. Thanks for your feedback.

User avatar
glewz
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: What should I bring to my prep course (Testmasters?)

Postby glewz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:52 am

notaznguy wrote:
glewz wrote:
notaznguy wrote:
glewz wrote:I brought my own pencils to my first diagnostic, and I brought my own watch too. I'm pretty sure you don't need pencils/erasers at diagnostics; at my class at least, they were always provided.

In terms of taking notes, I remember one kid brought a laptop consistently, but everyone else just wrote in notebooks or in the coursebooks - up to you.


Be really mentally prepared to work ridiculously hard for the upcoming months.


You're scaring me lol. How difficulty will the course be? Do they go at a super fast pace that I won't be able to learn in time? Or is the homework simply overwhelming? I have nothing to do this summer except LSAT stuff, so time is not an issue. I have classes twice a week, 8 hours a week, and the rest of the time will be spent doing problems they give me.

Huh? LSAT preparation is naturally intensive, so you'll need to take it seriously; that's all I'm saying. The pace is quick but manageable, assuming that you put in the hours - I took the course before and some of my classmates really wasted their $ (by consistently missing class, not doing homework, etc.) so I'm advising you to work hard.

My class was great, and I'm sure you'll get a similar experience. Good luck!


Oh! I see what you mean now. Yeah I'm definitely not going to be one of those guys who ditch class. I really devoted my whole life to this exam this summer (put off all my social events, hanging out with friends, outings with family, etc.). I should be able to do most, if not all for some reason, of the homework assigned. I just hope this course will really help me. Thanks for your feedback.

I did the same thing :D - crazy times




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, potatocowpower and 4 guests