Recent trends?

glucose101

Recent trends?

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:13 pm

I know no one can fully predict the types of questions the LSAT will ask, but what kind of trends do you think will occur on the Oct exam?

Easier LG games? In/Out games?
Harder LR questions?
More difficult passages?

AntipodeanPhil

Re: Recent trends?

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm not sure if this can be called a trend, but the one thing that surprised me about the June LSAT was the variance in difficulty levels. The first LR section was easy; the second was unusually hard. The first of the logic games was easier than any other logic game I recall; the remaining games were of normal difficulty. My experimental RC was really easy; the real RC section was kind of hard.

Of course, this is true of all tests, to some degree, but it seemed more extreme in June, and was also part of the reason why my score was a little low, imho, since it screwed up my timing.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm expecting them to substitute a LR section for a second LG sections.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:44 pm

I think the logic games have gotten easier in recent years. Some of the real off-the-wall game types haven't shown up in several years, and that has led to a level of predicatability in the games section that should make everyone focus on -0.

sfsplitter

Postby sfsplitter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:I think the logic games have gotten easier in recent years. Some of the real off-the-wall game types haven't shown up in several years, and that has led to a level of predicatability in the games section that should make everyone focus on -0.

Did you think stained glass was easy? I certainly didn't.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I don't remember that one. Was it experimental on the June test?

I thought the June 2011 real games section was one of the easiest I had done, probably because those games were all very similar to dozens we had all seen before.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”