Should I do basic LG Bible studying before my prep course?

notaznguy

Should I do basic LG Bible studying before my prep course?

Postby notaznguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Like at least go over Chapter 2 and become familiar with Linear Games and the basics such as Not Laws, Blocks, Not Blocks.

As you can tell, I already read like the first 15 pages or so lol. Should I just continue and try to go through Chapter 2 (all of Linear Games) before my Testmasters prep starts? I know it's been said that you shouldn't study before a prep course because you're prone to develop bad habits, but honestly PowerScore Bibles and TM have similar methods, so what's the harm right? Isn't it better to have a leg up than to be completely ignorant?

Are most people who take a prep course completely ignorant or are they knowledgeable?

glewz

Re: Should I do basic LG Bible studying before my prep course?

Postby glewz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

If LG seems pretty intuitive to you, I'd do RC passages instead.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I wouldnt just so you know what your real diagnostic is. I think thats important because it helps you build a routine and study schedule. Do it during your course.

Edit: Also depends on how long after your course you are taking the test.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 pm

bport hopeful wrote:I wouldnt just so you know what your real diagnostic is. I think thats important because it helps you build a routine and study schedule. Do it during your course.

Prep course starts on Monday and all the lessons end on August 31. I will be taking the exam in October.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:00 pm

notaznguy wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:I wouldnt just so you know what your real diagnostic is. I think thats important because it helps you build a routine and study schedule. Do it during your course.

Prep course starts on Monday and all the lessons end on August 31. I will be taking the exam in October.

If I were you then, I would prolly start the Bibles after a few weeks of class. Because then your diagnostic will give you a better idea of where you really are and the steps you need to take. Also the class will prolly help you get more from the Bibles because youll have a better understanding of the test. And youll still have a month after your class to self prep and take PTs

glewz

Postby glewz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
notaznguy wrote:

If I were you then, I would prolly start the Bibles after a few weeks of class. Because then your diagnostic will give you a better idea of where you really are and the steps you need to take. Also the class will prolly help you get more from the Bibles because youll have a better understanding of the test. And youll still have a month after your class to self prep and take PTs

I would advise you Not do the bibles once your class starts - you will have more than enough material to work on at that time, and it helps to see certain types of games for the first time during the lectures.

If I were in your shoes, I'd enjoy the weekend & get mentally prepared to commit an enormous amount of time to LSAT...because honestly, the next few months are going to be pretty rough.
Last edited by glewz on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 pm

I went through the LG and LR bibles before my TM course. Started with a 162 cold diag in late december, did both books leisurely between january and march, started the course in march, and scored 173 in June. I think the studying ahead of time, contrary to what the courses tell you, really helped me appreciate many of the nuances that other people missed because they were struggling with general concepts.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”