Finished Basic Linear Games section (Ch. 2) of LG Bible... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
locthebloke

New

Finished Basic Linear Games section (Ch. 2) of LG Bible...

Post by locthebloke » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 pm

So I worked through the chapter and spend a lot of time scrutinizing the Set-Up drills and the Game explanations. Here's how I did on the games at the end of Ch. 2.. I wasn't timing myself, but I did keep track to see how long they took me.

#1) 5/7 in 20 minutes

#2) 4/5 in 25 minutes

#3) 5/6 in 12 minutes

#4) 5/6 in 20 minutes

#5 and #6 frustrated me. #5 shouldn't have, but it exposed what I think is probably my biggest weakness in games so far, losing sight of rules and not refering to my main diagram effectively during local questions as well as failing to make some certain helpful inference... (#6 was just a beast so I wasn't too upset I had trouble with it at this stage, I really didn't even know where to begin..).

Wondering, how did you all do on this set after reading the chapter? I know I'm just starting out but I was still kind of frustrated by my performance. Not directly by my timing, I know it's not crucial that I be fast right now, but it was just all the little things I missed or didn't consider.. It always seems like I don't make a key inference or what have you..

Should I be than I did at simple linear sets before I even move on to the Advanced Linear chapter or should I forge ahead? Maybe I should photocopy the set again and drill them fresh before moving on?

Thanks for any advice!!

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Finished Basic Linear Games section (Ch. 2) of LG Bible...

Post by Jeffort » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:45 am

Don't stress about not being perfect doing chapter 2 HW the first time. You just started. If you were already able to perform perfectly on the LG section you would not need to prep for it or be using the LGB.

Chill, and refrain from trying to predict your ultimate score all the time based on how studying and HW go each day. Focus your brain power on learning how to work the test and getting better at it rather than on stressing about and trying to predict the future. Significant improvement takes time and effort to accomplish.

Re-doing the drills and practice games for the chapter and doing them thoroughly in slow motion (make yourself go through all the steps instead of just skipping to what you think/remember the correct answer choice is) is a good idea to burn in the concepts and techniques.

locthebloke

New

Post by locthebloke » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 am

Thanks for the thoughts and assurance, bud. I appreciate it. I think I will go ahead and do the advanced linear games chapter and then go back and see how I do on the Simple Linear chapter games set. Given that the concepts build off each other, I should be getting more pertinent practice in for the re-drill anyway, no?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 am

locthebloke wrote:Thanks for the thoughts and assurance, bud. I appreciate it. I think I will go ahead and do the advanced linear games chapter and then go back and see how I do on the Simple Linear chapter games set. Given that the concepts build off each other, I should be getting more pertinent practice in for the re-drill anyway, no?
Sure, that way would well too. BTW, when you do the LGB drills/games the first time, it's a good idea to do your work on scratch paper so you don't have to erase to do them again if you didn't make clean copies.

Also, take your time working through the book, meaning don't put yourself under any time pressure when working the drills and games. Go for being thorough and accurate. Timing comes later from understanding and practice so don't even think/worry about it at this stage.

Sloth Hero

Bronze

Post by Sloth Hero » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

Jeffort's posts are always good. ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”