Bubbling

Blahh_Blahh

Bubbling

Postby Blahh_Blahh » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 pm

This is probably a dumbass question, but when you do your PTs, do you actually bubble in every answer on a scantron sheet? Or do you just circle the right answer and move on to the next question?

I'm asking because when you factor in the amount of time it takes to bubble in all 24-ish answers on a section, that's a good bit of time more than just circling every answer on the actual test. And if you're already struggling to get a section done in 35 minutes, adding in the time it takes to bubble every answer would almost certainly screw you, no?

But I'm not about to make 10000 copies of the scantron sheet just for the sake of my practice tests. Is there another way of dealing with this, such as maybe giving yourself less than 35 minutes for each section or something?

tmon

Re: Bubbling

Postby tmon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:52 pm

Yes, you should be be bubbling in on a Scantron. No, It probably wont screw you unless there's a significant chance that you're going to be screwed on test day as it is. You should practice with a scantron sheet, though it's probably not necessary to use it every single time. There are ways to minimize the time it takes to bubble, for instance completing an entire page/passage/game before filling in your answers. It's probably a good idea to work on timing though if you think the difference between success and failure is the time it'll take you to bubble, because you're awfully close to just being screwed regardless if a question takes a little bit too long.

citykitty

Postby citykitty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I didn't for the first few PTs. But the last 10 or so? Yeah, I bubbled in on a form. I usually did one page at a time for the LR sections, and one game at a time, and one RC passage at a time. This made it easier to make sure I didn't screw things up, especially since I was fond of going out of order.

thelong

Postby thelong » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:22 pm

I started out just circling and then writing my "final" answer in the bottom of the page for quick correction, but I started bubbling over my last fifteen or so PTs.

I don't know which PTs you're using but all of the "10" series books have enough scantron sheets in the back for the practice tests. You could also just copy a few more in case you need them.

seanPtheB

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Blahh_Blahh wrote:This is probably a dumbass question, but when you do your PTs, do you actually bubble in every answer on a scantron sheet? Or do you just circle the right answer and move on to the next question?

I'm asking because when you factor in the amount of time it takes to bubble in all 24-ish answers on a section, that's a good bit of time more than just circling every answer on the actual test. And if you're already struggling to get a section done in 35 minutes, adding in the time it takes to bubble every answer would almost certainly screw you, no?

But I'm not about to make 10000 copies of the scantron sheet just for the sake of my practice tests. Is there another way of dealing with this, such as maybe giving yourself less than 35 minutes for each section or something?

damn you planning on taking each pt like 150 times?

no but really think about it printing out a scantron for each pt will add up to printing out like 2 extra PT's. If by using a scantron every time you give yourself absolutely any advantage whatsoever come test day (which there is at least a tiny bit) then it's worth it. Use a scantron.

Audio Technica Guy

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 pm

the closer you can make your PTs to actual real tests, the better. Every single time, use a real wooden pencil, use scantrons, go somewhere that's sort of like the desk you'll take the test on, etc as much as possible. Scantrons are easy to copy, just do it.

Mentally the more you rehearse taking the test, the less of a big deal it is on test day.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:10 am

You make it seem like you're copying a million pages. Thank yourself later.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”