I need a "Come to Jesus" talk Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NeedtoStudy

New

Re: I need a "Come to Jesus" talk

Post by NeedtoStudy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
NeedtoStudy wrote:
EarlCat wrote:
NeedtoStudy wrote:I will definitely be finishing my PhD. I want to go to law school to diversify my skill set, because I have a lot of extra time on my hands, and I have a great desire to get a legal education.
What a horrible reason to go to law school. Leave the seat for someone who actually wants to be a lawyer.
This makes zero sense. But thanks for judging me and telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

Thanks to all others who've given great advice.
You realize law school costs a quarter million dollars right?
Well, since I make a decent wage, I won't have to borrow for living expenses. It would cost 140-150k, if I decided on a top institution without a scholarship. I can go to a lesser school for free, and I could even get a scholarship at a top institution. But I am well aware of this, which is why I have said that I feel I may be self-sabotaging (out of fear of debt).

Needless to say, I'm going to get my law degree. If I decide to saddle myself with 150k of debt, so be it. However, if I am not willing to do big law, I'd probably be best served by getting a free legal education. But for now, I have to rock the LSAT so I can make the choice next year.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:44 pm

A JD opens so many doors!

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Did you get a concussion from one of your 7 diplomas falling on your head?

NeedtoStudy

New

Post by NeedtoStudy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 pm

suspicious android wrote:A JD opens so many doors!
Haha, well done!

Dude, I'm no professional student! I got my BA, got into a PhD program, and I am trying to get my JD whilst getting my PhD. Not that crazy!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

NeedtoStudy wrote:
Well, since I make a decent wage, I won't have to borrow for living expenses. It would cost 140-150k, if I decided on a top institution without a scholarship. I can go to a lesser school for free, and I could even get a scholarship at a top institution. But I am well aware of this, which is why I have said that I feel I may be self-sabotaging (out of fear of debt).

Needless to say, I'm going to get my law degree. If I decide to saddle myself with 150k of debt, so be it. However, if I am not willing to do big law, I'd probably be best served by getting a free legal education. But for now, I have to rock the LSAT so I can make the choice next year.
I know NU PhD students, their fellowships don't pay enough to save for three years of living expenses. Do you work other jobs?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NeedtoStudy

New

Post by NeedtoStudy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm

I'll be getting my stipend during law school. But yes I do work a side job in my related field; it's not much, but it is a nice supplement.

cmckid

New

Post by cmckid » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Come to jesus young man. He hath the power to give you all that you seek. Repudiate the evil title of doctor, take on the mantle of esquire, and the lord shall reward you with a 172. He also require that you tithe a sum between 120000 and 250000 to him as well. PM me for further details on a payment play for the lord.

Disclaimer: The lord does not guarantee acceptance to a top institution, scholarships, or a decent law career.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”