Difficulty of newer tests

nyremy

Difficulty of newer tests

Postby nyremy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 am

Edit
Last edited by nyremy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nelaw2010

Re: Difficulty of newer tests

Postby nelaw2010 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 am

The PT's between 56 - 61 seemed more difficult.

Then again, it looks like you're making awesome progress. Just keep studying and wait to see how you do on those PT's. If you're really worried about it, do one more recent PTs now and see how you do.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:04 am

nelaw2010 wrote:The PT's between 56 - 61 seemed more difficult.

Then again, it looks like you're making awesome progress. Just keep studying and wait to see how you do on those PT's. If you're really worried about it, do one more recent PTs now and see how you do.

RC (and grammar) fail. OP doesn't have the financials for that.

OP- I'll say that I have found logic games especially difficult on more recent tests, but typically can perform as well as usual in RC and LR. Took the December test and LG killed me but I overperformed in 1 LR and it was curved to my benefit so I performed slightly better than any of my Oct/Nov PTs. Honestly, if you can find the more complex LG online in some form, practice those until you can afford more recent tests.

nyremy

Postby nyremy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 am

Edit
Last edited by nyremy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

descartesb4thehorse

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 am

nyremy wrote:Thanks! Did the LG section's difficulty result in lower PT scores for you descartes? Or was there no noticeable drop?

I didn't take any newer tests before my first attempt in December. Just took 60 a few days ago and bombed (166), but that was my first PT back into the swing of things, although I've been studying on/off for a month or so. I'm going to try another from 10 Actual because I, too, am worried about digging myself into a financial hole by buying too many PTs. If I get at least a 170, I'll keep hacking at it. If not, I'm going to bail on October and go into this year with the score I have now.

With 177s in earlier PTs, if you make sure to keep on top of the more complex games that are going to be coming at you, and are getting your endurance up with at least 5 sections per test, your score won't fall dramatically. I would try to do at least one before test day though just so you're not flustered (like I was) if a section is way more difficult than you anticipated.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”