Inexpensive Copying?

BuckeyeGirl

Inexpensive Copying?

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:50 pm

I am planning to re-take the LSAT in october. Pithypike's study plan seems excellent for me, especially in the logic games section....that said, I have a petty question.

Having purchased all of the requisite materials, sign up for the LSAT, etc, the cost is quickly spiraling! Just looking for any suggestions on inexpensive copying suggestions. I have asked around amongst my friends and no one seems to have a brilliant idea.

I may just have to bite the bullet and pay for them, but thought I would ask first. Thanks in advanced for any suggestions!

dougroberts

Re: Inexpensive Copying?

Postby dougroberts » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm confused. So you want to violate copyright laws?

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Do you mean for printing the games and tests you already have on your computer or for obtaining the material for free?

If you're interesting in printing, then it won't get much cheaper than 10 cents per copy. Upload the material on the fedex website and your nearest one will print it for you. There are promo codes too that will get you 10% discounts. Just do a google search. (I printed all games from tests 1-39 and 4 practice tests for $18. i paid for all of the material, though. so if you're looking for freebies, i cant help you...)

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Not sure if this answers your question, but I purchased LSAT tests in PDF format and then used my local library to print them for free. My local library allows like 50 or so pages per week, it's pretty awesome. Also, I checked out the Powerscore LR/RC bibles through my local library which saved me quite a few dollars.

If anything, you might be able to photoscan tests at home and just print them at a library or school.

averagek

Postby averagek » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:18 am

KevinP wrote:Not sure if this answers your question, but I purchased LSAT tests in PDF format and then used my local library to print them for free. My local library allows like 50 or so pages per week, it's pretty awesome. Also, I checked out the Powerscore LR/RC bibles through my local library which saved me quite a few dollars.

If anything, you might be able to photoscan tests at home and just print them at a library or school.

thank you

glcoupe

Postby glcoupe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:16 pm

where did you buy the tests in pdf format?

zozin

Postby zozin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:19 pm

I went to Best Buy bought a laserjet printer and extra toner and 3 reams of paper. It was $130 altogether, planning on returning the printer, which was $100. 1500 pages printed for $30, doesn't get much cheaper than that. :wink:

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

glcoupe wrote:where did you buy the tests in pdf format?

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/product/ls ... section/17

BuckeyeGirl

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:23 pm

I guess I wasn't clear in my initial post; I have purchased all of the original materials already, just looking for a cheaper way to do the actual copying.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them. Good luck to everyone prepping!

paulshortys10

Postby paulshortys10 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 am

zozin wrote:I went to Best Buy bought a laserjet printer and extra toner and 3 reams of paper. It was $130 altogether, planning on returning the printer, which was $100. 1500 pages printed for $30, doesn't get much cheaper than that. :wink:

which printer is this?
do laser printers normally print that much on such a cheap toner price?

Sloth Hero

Postby Sloth Hero » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 am

KevinP wrote:My local library allows like 50 or so pages per week, it's pretty awesome. Also, I checked out the Powerscore LR/RC bibles through my local library which saved me quite a few dollars.

Unfair. :)

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:37 am

Watch the Craiglist "Free" section and look for an old laser printer someone is giving away (they do pop up from time to time). You can get the toner refilled at an ink shop (you'll need to look around locally) for only a few bucks. One toner cartridge should be enough to print everything. We're talking very basic black and white text, so abusing an old laser printer is a pretty good way to go.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”