So Did Anyone Use Pithypike's Method for June?

OUBobcat

So Did Anyone Use Pithypike's Method for June?

Postby OUBobcat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:38 am

I'm sure some people did. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. Those that have used it for June or other tests, how did it help?

david.patel

Re: So Did Anyone Use Pithypike's Method for June?

Postby david.patel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 pm

I did something similar and got a 174. I was a retaker and had already done 20 preptests the first time around. I found some grouped by type downloads for some earlier preptests I had not done before and did those in the "Pithypike way" along with some of the more recent preptests.

wokeemilo

Postby wokeemilo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:45 pm

I kind of did only for LG (section i needed A LOT of help on). i made 3 copies of each game and redid them, but never got through them all. ended up with -2 on games.

gavinstevens

Postby gavinstevens » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:24 pm

I used it over three months and went from a 153 diagnostic (allowing extra time on games, more like a 148 or so) to 164 on test day, which was my pt average and median.

I did three pt's a week during the third month and used the Manhattan RC Guide (highly recommended). Other than that, I followed his method pretty faithfully. I would recommend taking some games sections as a whole during the second month. You can hurt yourself if you become too used to one game at a time.

That being said, I am retaking in October (hoping for any improvement, I'm not bent on HYS or anything). I never fully adjusted to the more recent LR sections. I went from doing -5 combined in the 40s to -12 in the 50s. I plan on reading the Manhattan LR Guide (I've already done LRB) and then going through my nine remaining pt's.

Any advice on LR improvement at this point? My errors do not follow any real patterns in regards to question type. I'm banking on Manhattan's LR Guide for some insight.

My 6/6 breakdown:

LR: -6
LG- -3
LR: -7
RC -3

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”