Kaplan Extreme

jswhitley0907

Kaplan Extreme

Postby jswhitley0907 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:32 pm

I am signed up for the Kaplan LSAT Extreme on site beginning wednesday.
I took an online diagnostic (through Kaplan) 2 days ago. Made a 143 and this has made me fairly nervous.
I do think I would do better on paper (being able to write on the test)
I am curious about what kind of success I can expect from this class? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

angua

Re: Kaplan Extreme

Postby angua » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm

jswhitley0907 wrote:I am signed up for the Kaplan LSAT Extreme on site beginning wednesday.
I took an online diagnostic (through Kaplan) 2 days ago. Made a 143 and this has made me fairly nervous.
I do think I would do better on paper (being able to write on the test)
I am curious about what kind of success I can expect from this class? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I don't know about the course, but I can tell you that there was a 13 point difference between my first diagnostic, which I did on a computer screen, and the prep test I took one week later, which was on paper. So, at least in my case, having pencil and paper made a serious difference. It probably didn't help that my computer wasn't running well, but I still think there is a slight advantage to doing the test on paper.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:46 pm

It depends on the effort YOU put forth. Kaplan will give you the materials but just going to class will not be enough...you will have to put in a lot of extra work. FWIW...I took the Kaplan class and scored in the mid 150s, I then used the books they gave me and studied on my own a lot harder and scored in the high 160s.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 pm

It's similar to other prep courses, but you get free Mountain Dew during class.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:10 pm

suspicious android wrote:It's similar to other prep courses, but you get free Mountain Dew during class.

would it be code red? because that would be quite extreme

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”