LSAT Blog or Cambrdge pdf's?

snodell

LSAT Blog or Cambrdge pdf's?

Postby snodell » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:25 am

I'm a little confused about the download options. What is the differnce between the ones on LSAT Blog and the ones on Cambridge LSAT? Which is a better service?

Is it better to download LSAT pdf's or buy the real ones from LSAC.com? I don't think I will be redoing any practice tests but it would be nice to have them instantly.

Also has anyone bought the Grouped by Game Type book on LSAT Blog? I will be redoing logic games so if I were to download any type of games, this would make the most sense right?

Eugenie Danglars

Re: LSAT Blog or Cambrdge pdf's?

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 am

It's just up to you- they're the same content. Be aware that you have limited views to print the pdf's though, so they're not there whenever you want. Either pdf or print, you'll want to make copies.

Also, you should definitely redo at least parts of practice tests when you're drilling, especially logic games. I don't see any need to buy the special book sorted by type- you can do that yourself and save some money.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:59 pm

snodell wrote:I'm a little confused about the download options. What is the differnce between the ones on LSAT Blog and the ones on Cambridge LSAT? Which is a better service?

Is it better to download LSAT pdf's or buy the real ones from LSAC.com? I don't think I will be redoing any practice tests but it would be nice to have them instantly.

Also has anyone bought the Grouped by Game Type book on LSAT Blog? I will be redoing logic games so if I were to download any type of games, this would make the most sense right?

Getting them instantly is overrated. It's not like you need more than one or two tests to keep you busy prepping for a week or more (or you could just use a week to try and read all the sticky threads and good links here while you wait for books to arrive).

From a cost benefit standpoint you are better off buying the paper printed copies.

Except for the really old tests and a few of the package deals with old tests you still pay $8 each. When you buy the digital versions you are paying the same price to get less since you have to convert them into printed on paper form to actually use them effectively. That requires an additional investment of time to get it done and more $$ for printing costs. Ink cartridges for printers are pricy and run out fast when you try to print out a few thousand pages. Nevermind the *fun time wasted collating and clipping/stapling and labeling the tests as they roll out of a printer.

Instead, for less $$ you can cut out all that hassle and wasted time. Just place an order for the tests in printed form and wait for the box to arrive on your doorstep. Then you can spend your time and other $$ doing whatever you feel like during the shipping wait time instead of training to become a kinkos employee.

There are now four (4) Official LSAT '10 books' that go for about $20 each. The most recent one contains PrepTests 52-61 and goes for $22.44 on Amazon with eligibility for free shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/New-Actual-Offici ... 195&sr=1-1

For individual tests amazon has a get four for the price of three deal and you get a box on your doorstep with the tests printed and bound on durable paper you can make copies of later as you see fit.

You can also order printed copies from LSAC.
https://os.lsac.org/Release/Shop/Publications.aspx

david.patel

Postby david.patel » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:43 pm

I liked the convenience of downloading preptests instantly. It helped that my school offers free printing on campus.

I would have to recommend LSATBlog's pdfs over Cambridge LSAT's. I don't think LSATBlog's ones were available for the June LSAT so I haven't tried them, but I was disappointed in Cambridge. I found a lot of typos and the game solutions provided were unecessary. It would have been a lot more helpful if they had provided LR solutions instead.

I did download the Traciela Grouped by Type bundle that LSATBlog recommends and I felt this was very helpful with drilling question types. The fact that it was in pdf form made it really convenient to just print out additional copies of games rather than having to erase my old work if I had ordered the books from Amazon.

loomstate

Postby loomstate » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:26 pm

I bought all mine from LSAT Blog and saved them on my comp. It makes it really easy to just print specific pages etc. Dunno how this compares to Cambridge.

Ocean64

Postby Ocean64 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm

has anyone else noticed that Cambridge has lots of typos in their PTs?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 am

Ocean64 wrote:has anyone else noticed that Cambridge has lots of typos in their PTs?

Uh oh...

Maybe they haven't realized yet that the files of disclosed tests in readable text form LSAC emails once you enter into a license agreement are filled with typos. It's been that way for many years. The printed ones are kosher though. Not sure why the digital files they supply are messed up. Maybe it's some kind of 'watermark'.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”