Study and retake?

ash0117

Study and retake?

Postby ash0117 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Some background: 21 year old white, female senior at the top of my class at a Florida university- 3.94 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Softs are good, great LORs, etc. Overall, I am dedicated and motivated to make it to law school.

The LSAT: I took the LSAT in June and got a 160. That was after PTing in the 164-167 range. I am really aiming for a 165+ mostly for $$ or acceptance to a better school. Would love a 170+. To prep for the test this time, I did appx. 25 PTs, a Kaplan study guide, and a McGraw- Hill LG book. This was all before I found out about TLS. I have realized that I didn't study as efficiently as I could have. Also, I think the pressure got to me on the day of the exam.

Since I got my score, I've been considering whether I should retake the test in October to increase my chances. I believe that I can get it to a 170 with strong studying. I bought the Powerscore LG and LR Bibles and still have about 15 PTs left. Are there any other study tips that you guys have for me? Is raising my score from a 160 to a 170 possible? Is it worth it? For a while now, my goal has been UF.

I expect you guys to be rough on me; I came here because you guys tell it how it is without sugar coating. I want to know my reality here.

THANKS!

l'aviadora

Re: Study and retake?

Postby l'aviadora » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 am

Duh? It seems to me that you have answered your own question. Don't waste that GPA. Try the pithypike method. It is stickied in this forum. That's what im doing. Good luck!

ash0117

Postby ash0117 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:08 am

l'aviadora wrote:Duh? It seems to me that you have answered your own question. Don't waste that GPA. Try the pithypike method. It is stickied in this forum. That's what im doing. Good luck!

Yeah, I just wanted to confirm what I knew, I think. To make sure I'm on the right track. And get study advice. Thanks!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:17 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154380
I think you'll find a lot of useful stuff here. It looks like you studied a decent amont of time, just probably the wrong way. Kaplan sucks for people trying to get 160, and with that as your main strategy guide, it's actually a marvel you did as well as you did. Try Pithypike's guide or a plan similar to some of the heavy posters in my thread and I think you'll have much better results in October. I too discovered the forums right before my LSAT and I think that the vast majority of people do not realize how learnable the material is. You have the groundwork for a top law school application, now you need the score that you are definitely capable of obtaining.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”