Where do I go home here?

UCFknights2012

Where do I go home here?

Postby UCFknights2012 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm

I just recently took the LSAT on June 6, 2011 and received a score a was very unhappy with, a 150. I now plan to take the October LSAT in 3 months. Prior to the June 6 LSAT I took a prep course (Testmasters) which helped a lot, but obviously not enough. I was studying about 3-5 hours, 4-6 days a week for about 2 months. I took about 20-25 practice tests. After receiving my score I went out and bought the powerscore LR bible and the powerscore LG bible. I also still have all the testmasters materials still. I need advice as to how I should prepare for the next LSAT. I goal is to get a 160+

ChuckC

Re: Where do I go home here?

Postby ChuckC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:01 pm

sounds like your on the right track at this point-powerscore is the best.
try to take more recent practice tests-they ahve a different feel than older ones to me

Helicio

Postby Helicio » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 pm

You only have a few months, so go ahead and do this:

1.) Study every day for 4 hours. Go through the Powerscore LR and Powerscore LG Bibles over and over again.

2.) Take one PT a week to mark your progress.

3.) As you near the end and after you have studied the LR and LG Bibles, go ahead and take PTs one after another hardcore. Take them over and over again and when you get something wrong make sure you understand why and even when you get something right go over it and understand why you got something right. In short, go over everything again after you do it.

Take other suggestions to though; I'm just starting to study hardcore myself.

Good luck!

GoldenGloves

Postby GoldenGloves » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:55 pm

It's unlikely that studying the bibles will be sufficient. As you read the bibles, you'll also need to drill games & LR question types to cement the strategies you're learning. This will also allow you to recognize patterns in questions & answer choices -- making you faster, more accurate, & confident too. There's no reason to start taking prep tests without having first drilled question types & games; you will probably just end up solidifying bad habits, making them even more difficult to undo.

I recommend spending the next month/month & a half drilling question types & games. For example, do a chapter of Basic Linear games from the LG bible, & spend a few days drilling your heart out on this game type from prep tests (classifications can be found here: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/ls ... -list.html. Repeat this process for LR question types after completing a chapter in the LR bible.

Also, pick up the Manhattan RC guide if you have the cash. RC is too often neglected & spending time on it can certainly help you reach the 160's you're aiming for.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”