June Logic Disaster Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Can'texplainthat

New

June Logic Disaster

Post by Can'texplainthat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 pm

-11 LG

That is the number that has been running through my head for the past 24 hours. After taking a course and studying for 3 months (PTing in the low 170s running up to the test day) I managed to end up improving my original February score only 1 point, from 162 to 163. For the rest of the June test I did alright, managing a -5 on the LR combined, and a somewhat worse than normal -4 on RC, but the LG ultimately tanked the test for me.

So what do I do now? I plan to use my final retake in October, and I obviously need to improve my LG performance. In practice I would normally get around -4 to -6 wrong in the games section, but somehow I completely blew the 2nd game of the June test, while miraculously getting most of the balls questions correct. I have done most of the released games, so I don’t really know where to go now. Thanks for any help, its been a long day.

MarineLaw

New

Re: June Logic Disaster

Post by MarineLaw » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

In the exact same boat.

-11 LG.

-1 RC

-18 LR

Games killed me. LR killed me. I'm looking for a way to get games under control, as so many say that it's totally realistic to go -0

GerardC3

New

Post by GerardC3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:58 pm

While not as disastrous, I too did worse then normal on the games with a sour -6. Maybe it was just test day nerves?

-3 LR

-6 LG

-1 RC

Usually was between -2 and 0 on the games during pt's

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I went -4 on LG on the real thing after not missing an LG Qs in a long, long time. I haven't looked at it to see exactly how I screwed it up, but something certainly went awry.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I think I will try out pithypike's method combined with my old prep course materials. Doing every logic game 3 times seemed excessive, but after this disappointing LSAT I am willing to try anything. How much work do you think I will need to do to keep fresh on RC/LR while focusing on improving my LG though?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”