so things didn't really go as planned

omeezy4sheezy

so things didn't really go as planned

Postby omeezy4sheezy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:21 pm

I'd been averaging 160+ on most of my PTs but ended up with a high 150. My goal was to get 160+ so I'm definitely wanna re-write but I sort of want to pace it out until October as I feel cranking in 5-7hrs a day 6 days a week (cause of my intensive prep course) might've burned me out a bit.

I know this is a pretty vague question to ask, but based on my mark and my goal, does studying 3 hours a day every single day until October first seem reasonable? I'd probably start from the beginning and work the basics up until the more complex stuff since the 3 months from now until october 1st seems plentiful. I never really had an opportunity to work solely on my speed either, so I think this might be a great opportunity to do that too.

I would obviously plan it out and have sessions that would target my weaknesses and focus on factors that influenced my dismal score.

I think that would be enough to get a score in the 160+ range, but if anyone has any comments, suggestions, etc on my situation I'd appreciate it.

sarahlawg

Re: so things didn't really go as planned

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:22 pm

I would say before you move on to working on timing, make sure you're hitting the score you want untimed. If you have to keep reworking those skills, do so. There's no point timing yourself and getting through all the questions in a section if you're missing 50%+ of them.

omeezy4sheezy

Re: so things didn't really go as planned

Postby omeezy4sheezy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:03 pm

sarahlawg wrote:I would say before you move on to working on timing, make sure you're hitting the score you want untimed. If you have to keep reworking those skills, do so. There's no point timing yourself and getting through all the questions in a section if you're missing 50%+ of them.

Thanks, I totally agree and I will make sure to master it before I focus on time. No point getting faster at something you're not good enough at yet untimed.

On another note:
I took a 1 month prep-course at the princeton review and I was taught everything the 'princeton way', per se. However, since I'm now preparing a study schedule for the next three months, do you (or anyone for that matter) think that studying testmasters/bible books would conflict with the methods I was taught?

Again, I'm only trying to achieve a 160+ and I know that the methods taught by the princeton review and stuff aren't that ideal for people looking to score over 165 and stuff.

thanks in advance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”