Can't tell which has more cons - should I retake?

rsophia

Can't tell which has more cons - should I retake?

Postby rsophia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 pm

I just received my June LSAT score today and got a 159. Scoring 160+ was my goal, however, I studied my ass off for 10 months after decided to pursue law school back in September. I am not aiming to go to a T-14 school and my number one as of now is U Miami Law. I checked my numbers and could possibly get money from Miami. HOWEVER, am I setting myself up for disappointment? I have a realistic fear that I'll be so burnt out by October if I attempt re-prepping to retake in October that I'll score even lower on the next exam out of frustration.

All I want to do is going to a solid school in a big city (Miami, California, etc..). Any and all opinions are appreciated!

Rachel

Strange

Re: Can't tell which has more cons - should I retake?

Postby Strange » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 pm

There is very little downside to retaking if you are not aiming for T6

rsophia

Postby rsophia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 pm

What if my score goes down?

TMC116

Postby TMC116 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

When you're outside the top 20 or 30, it doesn't really matter if your score goes down on a retake. The schools you're looking at will take the highest score (they wont average). No need to worry about that

So go ahead and retake

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 pm

rsophia wrote:I just received my June LSAT score today and got a 159. Scoring 160+ was my goal, however, I studied my ass off for 10 months after decided to pursue law school back in September. I am not aiming to go to a T-14 school and my number one as of now is U Miami Law. I checked my numbers and could possibly get money from Miami. HOWEVER, am I setting myself up for disappointment? I have a realistic fear that I'll be so burnt out by October if I attempt re-prepping to retake in October that I'll score even lower on the next exam out of frustration.

All I want to do is going to a solid school in a big city (Miami, California, etc..). Any and all opinions are appreciated!

Rachel

Take a month off. Go on vacation. Go get drunk.

Then come back. Study for the test, but don't go crazy with it. Take the test knowing that it doesn't really matter how you do since you already have the 159 under your belt.

...profit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”