i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 pm

KevinP wrote:Image


Trolls are the lifeblood of this forum.

Once again, I win.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

hankypanky wrote:lol yeah. I take your point bro. Obviously, i don't KNOW for a fact how did, but based on my prior expectations vs. results and my memory of my answers, I did somewhere in the 168 at worst - 174 at best range.

I usually don't get questions that I thought were right wrong. I'm either 100% convinced and usually right or somewhat convinced and possibly wrong. And I'm sure a lot of people are like that too (especially from my experience). I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat as I am.


Then I'd just say that you're in the vast minority on that one. I've probably taught about 700 or so students at this point, and students who score in the low 170's almost always miss about 3-4 that they were worried about and 5-9 that they were totally blindsided by

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:lol yeah. I take your point bro. Obviously, i don't KNOW for a fact how did, but based on my prior expectations vs. results and my memory of my answers, I did somewhere in the 168 at worst - 174 at best range.

I usually don't get questions that I thought were right wrong. I'm either 100% convinced and usually right or somewhat convinced and possibly wrong. And I'm sure a lot of people are like that too (especially from my experience). I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat as I am.


Then I'd just say that you're in the vast minority on that one. I've probably taught about 700 or so students at this point, and students who score in the low 170's almost always miss about 3-4 that they were worried about and 5-9 that they were totally blindsided by


Never, ever happened to me since I started scoring in the high 160s. I might miss one or two, especially in the LR, but 5-9 is too much.

I would say the exact opposite. What you're saying is indicative of people who score below the high 160s. If you're missing 5-9 wrong that you thought you got right AND you're scoring in the low 170s then you are NOT studying properly and your score could suffer wide fluctuations.

When you're scoring in the 96th-97th percentile, my experience and the experience of my LSAT tutor is that you know which questions you might get wrong and they are usually the ones you do--with a few exceptions here and there. In fact, I'm so convinced of this that I call bullshit on everything you said =).

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:lol yeah. I take your point bro. Obviously, i don't KNOW for a fact how did, but based on my prior expectations vs. results and my memory of my answers, I did somewhere in the 168 at worst - 174 at best range.

I usually don't get questions that I thought were right wrong. I'm either 100% convinced and usually right or somewhat convinced and possibly wrong. And I'm sure a lot of people are like that too (especially from my experience). I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat as I am.


Then I'd just say that you're in the vast minority on that one. I've probably taught about 700 or so students at this point, and students who score in the low 170's almost always miss about 3-4 that they were worried about and 5-9 that they were totally blindsided by


Never, ever happened to me since I started scoring in the high 160s. I might miss one or two, especially in the LR, but 5-9 is too much.

I would say the exact opposite. What you're saying is indicative of people who score below the high 160s. If you're missing 5-9 wrong that you thought you got right AND you're scoring in the low 170s then you are NOT studying properly and your score could suffer wide fluctuations.

When you're scoring in the 96th-97th percentile, my experience and the experience of my LSAT tutor is that you know which questions you might get wrong and they are usually the ones you do--with a few exceptions here and there. In fact, I'm so convinced of this that I call bullshit on everything you said =).


From what I've seen, students who basically know which ones they've missed with that degree of accuracy usually score in the mid to high 170s. If you're missing 10-12 per test, most students I've seen are getting blindsided for at least half of those misses.

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:46 pm

It's amazing how you can spot the guy who will be the biggest douche in law school before he even has an official LSAT score

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:lol yeah. I take your point bro. Obviously, i don't KNOW for a fact how did, but based on my prior expectations vs. results and my memory of my answers, I did somewhere in the 168 at worst - 174 at best range.

I usually don't get questions that I thought were right wrong. I'm either 100% convinced and usually right or somewhat convinced and possibly wrong. And I'm sure a lot of people are like that too (especially from my experience). I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat as I am.


Then I'd just say that you're in the vast minority on that one. I've probably taught about 700 or so students at this point, and students who score in the low 170's almost always miss about 3-4 that they were worried about and 5-9 that they were totally blindsided by


Never, ever happened to me since I started scoring in the high 160s. I might miss one or two, especially in the LR, but 5-9 is too much.

I would say the exact opposite. What you're saying is indicative of people who score below the high 160s. If you're missing 5-9 wrong that you thought you got right AND you're scoring in the low 170s then you are NOT studying properly and your score could suffer wide fluctuations.

When you're scoring in the 96th-97th percentile, my experience and the experience of my LSAT tutor is that you know which questions you might get wrong and they are usually the ones you do--with a few exceptions here and there. In fact, I'm so convinced of this that I call bullshit on everything you said =).


From what I've seen, students who basically know which ones they've missed with that degree of accuracy usually score in the mid to high 170s. If you're missing 10-12 per test, most students I've seen are getting blindsided for at least half of those misses.


Not 5-9. 2-3, at most. Like I said, if you're getting 5-9 wrong BLINDSIDED, you're not studying properly.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Image

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:00 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Image


k.

User avatar
bleh
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby bleh » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 am

this thread just cracked me up.

User avatar
nodrog
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby nodrog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 am

hankypanky wrote:
k.


logical fallacy

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 am

nodrog wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
k.


logical fallacy


point taken.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, greatspirit, Greenteachurro, mrgstephe, VMars and 7 guests