i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm

So I remember the few questions I had some problems with...I checked the answers and it looks like I probably got a 172+, or a 170 worst case.

This was where I was averaging for PTs too.

Anybody else in this situation?

I feel two things: (1) regret that I cancelled, and (2) confidence that I did good, and confident that I can repeat performance. What was the 170 curve, anyone wanna tell us?

tng11
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby tng11 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

...
Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tainted_Praise
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

hankypanky wrote:So I remember the few questions I had some problems with...I checked the answers and it looks like I probably got a 172+, or a 170 worst case.

This was where I was averaging for PTs too.

Anybody else in this situation?

I feel two things: (1) regret that I cancelled, and (2) confidence that I did good, and confident that I can repeat performance. What was the 170 curve, anyone wanna tell us?


-10

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

i obviously don't remember ALL the questions, but I remember the ones I had qualms about, or at least most of them.

I was totally in the zone, I ended up guessing on the balls game for the last (putting DDD -- and then doing the middle one, getting C) and it turned out to be ACD. So...whatever, I cancelled because of that, I just got lucky I guess.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm

I had a student that got every single question she was worried about right, and missed 11 others that she was 100% confident in. Not to rain on your parade or anything. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other and just focus on Oct. Yo uhave no idea how you did, just leave it at that.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:I had a student that got every single question she was worried about right, and missed 11 others that she was 100% confident in. Not to rain on your parade or anything. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other and just focus on Oct. Yo uhave no idea how you did, just leave it at that.


nah that's not me. that's your student.

mtrl
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby mtrl » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm

I almost cancelled a 177. That would have sucked.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:I had a student that got every single question she was worried about right, and missed 11 others that she was 100% confident in. Not to rain on your parade or anything. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other and just focus on Oct. Yo uhave no idea how you did, just leave it at that.


nah that's not me. that's your student.


I'm not saying its you, I'm saying that students are really bad at knowing if they missed questions, in general. You could be the like 1 in a million exception where you absolutely know you got every answer right that you were confident in during the test. But if that was a case, you probably wouldn't be making 170's either.

User avatar
GerardC3
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby GerardC3 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

[quote="hankypanky"]So I remember the few questions I had some problems with...I checked the answers and it looks like I probably got a 172+, or a 170 worst case.

This was where I was averaging for PTs too.

My friend just said he cancelled what he was sure was a 170+ too. It must be a terrible feeling, but you should have the confidence to have a repeat performance.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:I had a student that got every single question she was worried about right, and missed 11 others that she was 100% confident in. Not to rain on your parade or anything. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other and just focus on Oct. Yo uhave no idea how you did, just leave it at that.


nah that's not me. that's your student.


I'm not saying its you, I'm saying that students are really bad at knowing if they missed questions, in general. You could be the like 1 in a million exception where you absolutely know you got every answer right that you were confident in during the test. But if that was a case, you probably wouldn't be making 170's either.


I understand what you said and have heard it a million times. It's a valid point, but it's still not me.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:I had a student that got every single question she was worried about right, and missed 11 others that she was 100% confident in. Not to rain on your parade or anything. I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other and just focus on Oct. Yo uhave no idea how you did, just leave it at that.


nah that's not me. that's your student.


I'm not saying its you, I'm saying that students are really bad at knowing if they missed questions, in general. You could be the like 1 in a million exception where you absolutely know you got every answer right that you were confident in during the test. But if that was a case, you probably wouldn't be making 170's either.


I understand what you said and have heard it a million times. It's a valid point, but it's still not me.


well, since logic and statistics have no sway in your thinking, sorry you cancelled a 172.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:03 pm

mtrl wrote:I almost cancelled a 177. That would have sucked.


Congratufuckinglations man.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby blurbz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Oy. Here you go, OP:

--ImageRemoved--

But seriously: Sucks if it really was a 170+. Go out and do it again.
Last edited by blurbz on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:well, since logic and statistics have no sway in your thinking, sorry you cancelled a 172.


You actually made a number of logical fallacies during your argument. But thanks for your condolence.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:10 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:well, since logic and statistics have no sway in your thinking, sorry you cancelled a 172.


You actually made a number of logical fallacies during your argument. But thanks for your condolence.


Um, what? Since my conclusion was "you can't know for sure that you didn't miss other questions" I don't even see how it could be flawed. I could have supported that with the statement "my dog is yellow" and it'd still be unflawed. The only way it's flawed is if you show that you can know, for certain, that you didn't miss other questions. Which, since you cancelled, you can't.

You can use examples and generalities to support that a statement is probably true. Obviously I couldn't have concluded that you did get below a 172, but luckily for me that that wasn't my conclusion.

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby glucose101 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Audio's trying to be nice. Stop being a jerk about it. You didn't get an official 172, so you might as well just retake in Oct if you're ready.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:well, since logic and statistics have no sway in your thinking, sorry you cancelled a 172.


You actually made a number of logical fallacies during your argument. But thanks for your condolence.


Um, what? Since my conclusion was "you can't know for sure that you didn't miss other questions" I don't even see how it could be flawed. I could have supported that with the statement "my dog is yellow" and it'd still be unflawed. The only way it's flawed is if you show that you can know, for certain, that you didn't miss other questions. Which, since you cancelled, you can't.

You can use examples and generalities to support that a statement is probably true. Obviously I couldn't have concluded that you did get below a 172, but luckily for me that that wasn't my conclusion.


Don't ever speak to me in paragraphs. Ever.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm thinking we've been flamed. Guess I took the bait, lol.

User avatar
glucose101
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby glucose101 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm

It didn't seem like one at first--although the answer to his question's fairly obvious.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm

glucose101 wrote:It didn't seem like one at first--although the answer to his question's fairly obvious.


yeah, I'm guessing he just wanted to PO other people who didn't get the scores they wanted and didn't cancel, or something.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:21 pm

blurbz wrote:Oy. Here you go, OP:

--ImageRemoved--

But seriously: Sucks if it really was a 170+. Go out and do it again.


werdd. :(

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:It didn't seem like one at first--although the answer to his question's fairly obvious.


yeah, I'm guessing he just wanted to PO other people who didn't get the scores they wanted and didn't cancel, or something.


Logical fallacy.

Audio Technica Guy
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby Audio Technica Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm

hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:It didn't seem like one at first--although the answer to his question's fairly obvious.


yeah, I'm guessing he just wanted to PO other people who didn't get the scores they wanted and didn't cancel, or something.


Logical fallacy.



You do realize that anything that is a "guess" can't be a logical fallacy, by definition. Need to stop responding, lol.

User avatar
hankypanky
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:10 am

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby hankypanky » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Audio Technica Guy wrote:
hankypanky wrote:
Audio Technica Guy wrote:
glucose101 wrote:It didn't seem like one at first--although the answer to his question's fairly obvious.


yeah, I'm guessing he just wanted to PO other people who didn't get the scores they wanted and didn't cancel, or something.


Logical fallacy.



You do realize that anything that is a "guess" can't be a logical fallacy, by definition. Need to stop responding, lol.


lol yeah. I take your point bro. Obviously, i don't KNOW for a fact how did, but based on my prior expectations vs. results and my memory of my answers, I did somewhere in the 168 at worst - 174 at best range.

I usually don't get questions that I thought were right wrong. I'm either 100% convinced and usually right or somewhat convinced and possibly wrong. And I'm sure a lot of people are like that too (especially from my experience). I just want to know if anyone else is in the same boat as I am.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: i cancelled, but it turns out i did 172+

Postby KevinP » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Image




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], wildquest8200 and 1 guest