One Shot. One Opportunity. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ArcaneXavioss

New

One Shot. One Opportunity.

Post by ArcaneXavioss » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 pm

I've been trolling TLS for awhile now going on and off on my studies. I feel that I need to be completely dedicated and hardcore in my LSAT studies now and actually registering and starting a topic will be the start of my LSAT boot camp. I realize that many of you guys here are practicing hardcore and have succeeded in breaking that 170 mark which I plan on doing as well. I'm taking the October LSAT and I believe it will be my only opportunity in going to law school. I'm going to be updating this post if you guys don't mind in keeping me accountable every week =).

Without any waste of time here is where I'm at:

My Logic Games are okay but I feel that I should just practice them more. I've been practicing the games and plan on doing every single one at least 3 times minimum before the test.

My Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension is where most of my problem is. The main problem I feel is time. I always miss about the last 6 or so questions on LR and almost an entire section on RC. My PT therefore is in the mid to high 150s.

I feel like I need to double read the passages to better understand and I just can't get it in the first read. My comprehension is pretty bad and I feel if I can just improve the comprehension part with speed my score will jump. Anybody have any advice in improving faster with greater reading comprehension?

Thanks!

senorhosh

Bronze

Re: One Shot. One Opportunity.

Post by senorhosh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:08 pm

have you used any prep books yet?

There are other threads on how to improve RC section
ie: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... f=6&t=7240
You can also try reading on your spare time to improve your reading comprehension and speed overall, ie: The Economist

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:25 pm

If you had... One shot.....One opportunity.... To capture everything you ever wanted... Would you capture it... Or would you let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak arms are heavy
He's forgetting how to diagram logic games already
He's nervous but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To breeze through reading comp sections about native ancestry

YOU BETTER LOSE YOURSELF IN THE LSAT THE MOMENT YOU OWN IT! YOU BETTER NEVER LET IT GO! YOU WANT HSY? YOU ONLY GOT ONE SHOT! DO NOT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO GO! THIS OPPORTUNITY ONLY COMES ONCE IN A LIFETIME YO!!!!!!!!!

ArcaneXavioss

New

Post by ArcaneXavioss » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 pm

I knew there was going to be a rap post =P that was creative haha

Regarding the prep books, yea I've used the PS LG and PS LR the games book helped a lil but before I read the games book I've read a McGrawHill LG book that I was a lot more used to in preping the games.

The economist on my spare time.. yea I'll work on that. How many Prep tests should I use for section practices? and how many should I leave behind for actual practice tests? I don't feel like I should do practice test timed yet because I end up missing the last couple of questions for LR and RC anyway. Any advice? Thanks!

Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Post by Tainted_Praise » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:16 pm

ArcaneXavioss wrote:I knew there was going to be a rap post =P that was creative haha

Regarding the prep books, yea I've used the PS LG and PS LR the games book helped a lil but before I read the games book I've read a McGrawHill LG book that I was a lot more used to in preping the games.

The economist on my spare time.. yea I'll work on that. How many Prep tests should I use for section practices? and how many should I leave behind for actual practice tests? I don't feel like I should do practice test timed yet because I end up missing the last couple of questions for LR and RC anyway. Any advice? Thanks!

Really? :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”