International Test Takers!

sandwiches5000

Re: International Test Takers!

Postby sandwiches5000 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Haha. I know. Everyone thinks I'm nuts and torturing myself, which I kind of am. But seriously, only the people on this forum (and friends in law school) have any conception of what we are going through. No one around me right now has any remote grasp of the anguish of waiting for this score. Except perhaps my Korean students who I teach TOEFL to. :P

As for Tuesday, I rescind my previous prediction. Oddly enough, it has been released before Friday (typical release date) before, but NEVER on a Tuesday within the past 7 years. It most likely will be on a Friday EST (Saturday for us in Asia.)

Have fun with this:

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/lsat-sc ... ase-dates/

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I liked the article! but it wasn't long enough... I need more to read! haha. i thought the 19th official score releast date was time in asia... I really hope its not EST, cause that would mean we officially get it on the 20th.
I wonder.. would we get our scores throughout the night insted of throughout the day becuase of time diff?
I'm hoping against all that 19th is asian time, and 3 days before makes it 16 or the 15:D maybe that's pushing it... so saturday. But that's sunday EST... and lsac doesn't work sunday so..
ok now i'm just confusing myself. ANy other links???
and anything about international score release dates? i'll start looking haha..

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:13 pm

It's all EST. Everything is sent to LSAC and inputed in Pennsylvania. I took the test once internationally and I received my score on a Saturday... 20 days after I took the exam. It was still early but nothing that exciting. It could be any day now though, who knows. Probably more likely next weekend but it's happened this early before.

I couldn't find international release dates anywhere when I searched. :/ I think we're a much smaller pool of applicants so they don't care about us as much. wahhhhhhh.

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:31 pm

I couldn't find anything either.. Really? everything EST? did you get your score back in the middle of the night then?
:'( im going crazy
sniff sniff

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Here's last year's international June thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=121900#p3147979

IIRC June is the only time the international test is administered significantly later (several weeks) than the domestic one. Usually they're all on the same weekend and everyone gets their scores on the same day as well. Not sure if the year before that had their own waiting thread - at least, I can't find it.

Good luck!

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:36 am

Cool, thanks! And yeah, I got the test at around 10 p.m. on a Saturday. I wasn't really thinking about it though and I definitely should have cancelled that one because I got way too nervous and went -10 under my test average. Biggest regret ever. Oh well. Just need to make this one count!

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:42 am

er, no it wasn't 10 p.m. on a Saturday. That was about when I checked it haha. LSAC actually sent the e-mail... *sifts through hundreds of old e-mails from not-so-great colleges congratulating me on my terrible score* at 8:56 a.m. on Saturday. So, at around 7:56/8:56 p.m. Friday EST because I think that was after daylight savings... hm. That seems kind of late though. but I guess LSAC closes late on Fridays? I don't know.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:48 am

If you're curious, the e-mail subject is "Your June 2011 LSAT Score." Then it will say the actual score in the first line so depending on the e-mail provider you use you may be able to actually see the score without opening the e-mail.

Inside the e-mail it will say:

Please do not reply to this email. E-mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
Please contact us with your comments, questions, or concerns at LSACinfo@LSAC.org. Please provide your LSAC account number in all correspondence.

Dear YOU,

LSAC account number:

Your June 2011 LSAT score is BLAHHOPEFULLY180. The percentile rank is whatever it is.

This is your unofficial score report.

A copy of your LSAT Score Report will be available under the LSAT tab in the LSAT Status section of your LSAC online account at http://www.lsac.org. Other test related documents (in accordance with LSAC disclosure policies) may also be available under LSAT Documents.

Law School Admission Council

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:If you're curious, the e-mail subject is "Your June 2011 LSAT Score." Then it will say the actual score in the first line so depending on the e-mail provider you use you may be able to actually see the score without opening the e-mail.

Inside the e-mail it will say:

Please do not reply to this email. E-mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
Please contact us with your comments, questions, or concerns at LSACinfo@LSAC.org. Please provide your LSAC account number in all correspondence.

Dear YOU,

LSAC account number:

Your June 2011 LSAT score is BLAHHOPEFULLY180. The percentile rank is whatever it is.

This is your unofficial score report.

A copy of your LSAT Score Report will be available under the LSAT tab in the LSAT Status section of your LSAC online account at http://www.lsac.org. Other test related documents (in accordance with LSAC disclosure policies) may also be available under LSAT Documents.

Law School Admission Council

You are right. My last score showed up in my e-mail box before I was ready to see it and I saw the score before I was ready to click on it. LSAC never tries to deliver or write the letter in a humanistic way. Shall we sue them if some of us get heart attack because of their e-mails?

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:18 am

Most definitely, yes. Haha. I've been opening my e-mails now with a book or piece of clothing covering the right half of the screen so I can only see the senders' names.

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:31 am

AHAHAH thats intense. I dont think i'm not at that level yet haha. but i never check my emails... now i'm gonna check it everyday. I just kinda figured that as soon as someone on this forum gets their lsat scores, i'll know right away through the forum. you guys are so reliable:D

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:45 am

aka we have no lives. haha. I have a somewhat full-time job but I still manage to check my mail 123908 times a day. Actually, I go on here more when I'm at work because I'm forced to sit here. Bored. Obsessed with finding out my score but terrified at the same time. :P

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:11 am

Tell me about it...
maybe i should get myself a full time job to keep myself busy. ALthough it doesn't seem to help sandwhiches much so i dunno...

having read the forum for last year's june lsat (thanks for finding it!) they took it on the 27th of june, it came out the 15. So since we took it on the 26th, maybe we can hope for it to come out the 14th?

I just want to get this torture over with. ITS JUST A SCANTRON! i wake up dreamng about games that i screw up and hyperventilating.... i need like a minute by minute countdown i think...

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:17 am

It seems that LSAC sells stop watch for test, if my memory serves. Shall they sell a kind of underwear with "Yay! 180!" for test takers to wear in the test day and cover the score on the screen on the score release day? They would make a fortune, I guess.

I figure that LSAC is going to close their website on July, 10th. I guess the only reason for them to do that is to upload new datas. May that be our scores?

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:31 am

risingdragon wrote:It seems that LSAC sells stop watch for test, if my memory serves. Shall they sell a kind of underwear with "Yay! 180!" for test takers to wear in the test day and cover the score on the screen on the score release day? They would make a fortune, I guess.

I figure that LSAC is going to close their website on July, 10th. I guess the only reason for them to do that is to upload new datas. May that be our scores?

Haha. No, that would be too humane.

I doubt they are closing down to upload the scores. My hypothesis is that they are changing the home screen photos. That one chick has been at it for a while now.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:36 am

Where are you guys all from?? I'm from the US but I'm living in South Korea right now.

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:12 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:Where are you guys all from?? I'm from the US but I'm living in South Korea right now.

I am from China and in China and took the test in Shanghai. Now I switch to TOEFL to distruct me from the long waiting. Grrrrrr.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:50 am

risingdragon wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:Where are you guys all from?? I'm from the US but I'm living in South Korea right now.

I am from China and in China and took the test in Shanghai. Now I switch to TOEFL to distruct me from the long waiting. Grrrrrr.

GAH! I teach TOEFL. Teaching it as we speak, actually.

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:57 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:
risingdragon wrote:

Hey, it is so different here. All great teachers are Chinese. We study skills rather than English. LOL. There are also LSAT classes but I do not want anyone with a 160+ only to teach me. LOL.

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 am

I am from Canada, currently chilling in china in Pek.
I think I'm going to try studying for the gmat to keep my mind off things. Any suggestions on how to study? harder or easier than LSAT?
all i know is that at least i get my score for gmat right away..

sandwhiches: where in the states are you from?

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:20 am

risingdragon wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:
risingdragon wrote:

Hey, it is so different here. All great teachers are Chinese. We study skills rather than English. LOL. There are also LSAT classes but I do not want anyone with a 160+ only to teach me. LOL.

Why dont you want anyone with 160+ teaching you?

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 am

born and raised in south korea, went to high school and college in the US, back in south korea now.

i also taught TOEFL for several summers lol. why can't the LSAT RC be like TOEFL RC? that'd be amazing..

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 pm

twaswoo wrote:born and raised in south korea, went to high school and college in the US, back in south korea now.

i also taught TOEFL for several summers lol. why can't the LSAT RC be like TOEFL RC? that'd be amazing..

No need to be the same difficulty. Just give us 20 minutes for each article. I am dealing with TOEFL too and the too-adequate time and nice article make me fall asleep. LOL.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:33 am

Welp. No scores this weekend. Oh well. I did have a dream where I got a 172, then was sucked into a tornado and my score disappeared into a bunch of simple mathematical problems that the people at LSAC couldn't solve.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 am

ds.princess wrote:I am from Canada, currently chilling in china in Pek.
I think I'm going to try studying for the gmat to keep my mind off things. Any suggestions on how to study? harder or easier than LSAT?
all i know is that at least i get my score for gmat right away..

sandwhiches: where in the states are you from?

I'm from NJ... about 20 min outside of NYC. I've never taken the GMAT. Why are you taking it? Is it your backup plan?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”