the 6-26 oversea test

mjitbswyd

the 6-26 oversea test

Postby mjitbswyd » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:44 am

I think mine was RC(27)LR(25)LG(23)LG(23)LR(25), so 100 questions. Right?

Leesukil

Re: the 6-26 oversea test

Postby Leesukil » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:49 am

Yes. I had the same form as you. How did you find the difficulty of the test? I sorta got lost in the science passage and the game on irrigation/fertilization

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:00 am

yeah same for me. did u guys take it in seoul this morning?

ah im not sure how i feel about this. time management was good, but i found the first LR strangely difficult. so was RC. i had guess on a few on that RC. i thought having RC as the first would be helpful, but i guess not lol.

do you guys remember the topic for any of the RC passages? (not the specifics of course, but just like the name of the central figure, etc)

dean159

Postby dean159 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:42 am

I just did it in Australia this morning.

I thought it went pretty well. except that one of the LRs did seem a bit weird. I thought maybe it might have been an experimental initally since I got 3 LRs, but maybe it was one of the real ones if you guys also thought one of the LRs seemed pretty hard. I remember it had a question on bovine fossils and water early on. Did you guys have that one?

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:46 am

dean159 wrote:I just did it in Australia this morning.

I thought it went pretty well. except that one of the LRs did seem a bit weird. I thought maybe it might have been an experimental initally since I got 3 LRs, but maybe it was one of the real ones if you guys also thought one of the LRs seemed pretty hard. I remember it had a question on bovine fossils and water early on. Did you guys have that one?

yeah i had the bovine one. that was our 2nd LR.

dean159

Postby dean159 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:58 am

twaswoo wrote:
dean159 wrote:I just did it in Australia this morning.

yeah i had the bovine one. that was our 2nd LR.

Damn it. I was hoping that one was experimental. I was still pretty happy with it, but there just seemed to be a few tricky questions. I was happy with the RC but I agree that that irrigation game wasn't fun.

mjitbswyd

Postby mjitbswyd » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:27 am

RC and LG seems alright for me. One of the LR is weird, but it's not a killer. I'll guess the cutoff is a -9 or -8?

BigA

Postby BigA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 am

Trying to determine which LR section was experimental. I had 3... test went LR LR RC LR LG. I made a mental note of a couple questions. Would anyone like to confirm or deny whether you saw these questions:

a question about california squirrels chewing snake skin (that was my second LR).

a question in which someone needs 24 class credits plus thesis to earn a master's degree. (that was last question of my third LR)

either of these ring a bell? My first section I found hardest and hoping that was experimental

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Out of curiosity (and the fact I might be international next year), how long does it take for you guys to get your scores back? Is it the same ~3 weeks?

Olive

Postby Olive » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:44 pm

weathercoins wrote:Out of curiosity (and the fact I might be international next year), how long does it take for you guys to get your scores back? Is it the same ~3 weeks?

bump

I have the same question.

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 pm

BigA wrote:Trying to determine which LR section was experimental. I had 3... test went LR LR RC LR LG. I made a mental note of a couple questions. Would anyone like to confirm or deny whether you saw these questions:

a question about california squirrels chewing snake skin (that was my second LR).

a question in which someone needs 24 class credits plus thesis to earn a master's degree. (that was last question of my third LR)

either of these ring a bell? My first section I found hardest and hoping that was experimental

didnt have the california squirrel one, but did have the 24 class credit one. that was the parallel reasoning right? looks like your second LR was experimental..

twaswoo

Postby twaswoo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:56 pm

weathercoins wrote:Out of curiosity (and the fact I might be international next year), how long does it take for you guys to get your scores back? Is it the same ~3 weeks?

yes. its gonna be a long wait..

BigA

Postby BigA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 pm

twaswoo wrote:
BigA wrote:Trying to determine which LR section was experimental. I had 3... test went LR LR RC LR LG. I made a mental note of a couple questions. Would anyone like to confirm or deny whether you saw these questions:

didnt have the california squirrel one, but did have the 24 class credit one. that was the parallel reasoning right? looks like your second LR was experimental..

Can anyone else confirm this? I talked to someone after to the test who said she had the squirrel question and the 24 class credit parallel reasoning question from my second and third LR sections. I was really hoping first section was experimental.

risingdragon

Postby risingdragon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 pm

BigA wrote:
twaswoo wrote:

Can anyone else confirm this? I talked to someone after to the test who said she had the squirrel question and the 24 class credit parallel reasoning question from my second and third LR sections. I was really hoping first section was experimental.

I had two games and I saw the 24 credits Q but not the squirrel one, which is too cute to forget if I really met it.

Hence, good luck! :wink:

matt15

Postby matt15 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Same here. I dont have any recollection of the squirrel one,but I definitely have the 24 credit one. It was the last question of my second LR. How does you guys find the difficulty of RC. I sorta got lost on the last two question about the bird classification passage.

BigA

Postby BigA » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 pm

risingdragon wrote:
BigA wrote:
twaswoo wrote:

I had two games and I saw the 24 credits Q but not the squirrel one, which is too cute to forget if I really met it.

Hence, good luck! :wink:

Shit...The girl I talked to must have been highly suggestible then. Anyone else find the first LR to be nasty

bkred

Postby bkred » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:05 am

I also found the first LR section extremely difficult.
Too many formal logic questions.

kilgoretrout66

Postby kilgoretrout66 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:29 am

So the logic games section with that game about irrigating/fertilizing vegetables was NOT experimental? That`s a huge relief for me, since I noticed that I had misbubbled a few questions on the other LG section of my test....

BigA

Postby BigA » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:44 am

any more speculation about the curve then? Really hoping for -12 or more. I think it's possible. Though I'm usually not very good at predicting it.

To the guy who said -8 or -9... Really?? Wouldn't that be the lowest curve of all time or tied? I really hope you're wrong

Excel

Postby Excel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 am

Took it in Australia; i had to LG and the first one was very hard, while idk if i missed any on the 2nd. im trying to decide if i should cancel or not (could be a 165 or could be a 148), depends on which lg counts.

gggrra

Postby gggrra » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 am

didn't take the test, but I'll speculate on the curve anyways.

I think if it felt "standard", the curve for the 100 question (?) test would probably be something like -10 or -11, just from my own PT experience.

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I think that international test takers may get their scores back a bit sooner than the domestic takers b/c we don't get the lovely in depth score report sheet. That's just a theory though. I just sifted through my e-mails and I saw that I received my score 16 days after I took the test at Yonsei last time.

I thought the RC was okay except for the science passage, but I usually hate those a bit anyway.

The games I found to be kind of easy but I agree, the first arguments section was a bit harder than expected. I didn't finish reading the last q in time and definitely got it wrong despite it being an easy parallel flaw. :(:(

ds.princess

Postby ds.princess » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 pm

the LG irrigation fertilizing game was a killer. I spent so much time on it and still haven't figured it out till this day :evil:
I had RC, LR, LG LG LR.
I remember the 24 credit question, and the squirrel question was definitely not in it.

What do you guys mean by the curve being -8 or -9? is that how many we can get wrong to get a 170? or..?
thx!

sandwiches5000

Postby sandwiches5000 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 pm

ds.princess wrote:What do you guys mean by the curve being -8 or -9? is that how many we can get wrong to get a 170? or..?
thx!

Yup, that's exactly what they mean.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”