LSAC: "June 2011 scores won't be released until next week"

justbubbles

LSAC: "June 2011 scores won't be released until next week"

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Not sure if this applies to everyone in the US (I'm international), but I just got off the phone with a rep in the US (LSAC headquarters in Newton, PA), as I had to call in regards to a different school/"hold on file" issue altogether.

She indicated that June 2011 scores won't probably (note: probable) come out till all June testing administrations have been completed.

Why? Because - according to her - some internationals are taking the test this coming weekend.

For what it's worth, I wrote the exact same June 2011 LSAT at a different (later) date than the US seating which I believe was June 6th for everyone else.

Take that for what it's worth. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by justbubbles on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NervousNelly

Re: LSAC: "June 2011 scores won't be released until next week"

Postby NervousNelly » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

canenvlaw

Postby canenvlaw » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

NervousNelly wrote:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

seancris

Postby seancris » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Please be a troll.

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 pm

seancris wrote:Please be a troll.

Feel free to call yourself. I called with respect to a time frame because I have a special consideration hold on my file at a few schools and LSAC is aware of this.

I could, however, be wrong. Read into the fact that I did not write the test in the US therefore, for all I know, this could only apply for internationals.

Unlikely, though. For all we know someone in the US could just e-mail the PDF with the credited answers to someone abroad who just may get the exact same test like I did.

Makes perfect sense to me.

NervousNelly

Postby NervousNelly » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:57 pm

You are a troll. Internationals take a different LSAT.

In yo face!

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:59 pm

NervousNelly wrote:You are a troll. Internationals take a different LSAT.

In yo face!

Read my OP.

I am an international (mods can verify this).

I took the exact same June test about about 11 days after the June 6th seating in the US.
Last edited by justbubbles on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zozin

Postby zozin » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm

So... Monday. That's when we thought the scores were coming out anyway.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Usually it's 'What they say ≠ What they actually do'.

But they're probably not coming out today.

JRockND

Postby JRockND » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Fully aware, as I am sure we all are, of the potential fallacy in what I am about to argue, I find this unlikely. Looking at previous years (e.g. last June), one sees that the US LSAT scores are often (always in the small sample that I took) released prior to the administration of the international tests. On top of this, I am pretty sure that international students take different tests. So unless LSAC changed their policy this cycle, I find this reasoning to be less than compelling.

That being said, this does not mean that the LSAT scores won't come out next week, only that if they do come out next week it probably won't be because international students haven't taken it yet.

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

this is why i dislike foreigners, they ruin everything, GO AMERICA

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:06 pm

zozin wrote:So... Monday. That's when we thought the scores were coming out anyway.

I just checked my LSAC profile. It says "Score E-mail Date: 6/29/2011." That would be next Wednesday. I'm not sure if there's a way to find out before then, or if perhaps that's just MY date. Check your account and see if it says anything different.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 pm

3v3ryth1ng wrote:
zozin wrote:So... Monday. That's when we thought the scores were coming out anyway.

I just checked my LSAC profile. It says "Score E-mail Date: 6/29/2011." That would be next Wednesday. I'm not sure if there's a way to find out before then, or if perhaps that's just MY date. Check your account and see if it says anything different.

LSAC has a habit of releasing the scores before the designated date.

imbored25

Postby imbored25 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 pm

3v3ryth1ng wrote:

thats the official date for everyone, but it always comes out a couple days before

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

It's amazing how everyone forgets what happens administration to administration. EVERY SINGLE TEST there are LSAC people explaining impatiently that the scores are due after the weekend and every single time, they come before the weekend. Also, LSAC giving the same test overseas at a later date is an egregious impossibility. At most, you may have had the same experimental section.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

lsatblog_score_release_dates.jpg

gatorlaw

Postby gatorlaw » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:11 pm

It's impossible for her to have taken the same test as us. Tests taken in time zones that differ significantly from the fluctuations during test day in the U.S are different (which is why its nondisclosed). Anyone could take the test in America on the 6th, memorize a game and then sell the info to someone taking it in Asia on the 26th.

LSAT scores could certainly come out next week after everyone is done testing, but it's definitely not because she took the same test...

SoPro

Postby SoPro » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 pm

JRockND wrote:Fully aware, as I am sure we all are, of the potential fallacy in what I am about to argue, I find this unlikely. Looking at previous years (e.g. last June), one sees that the US LSAT scores are often (always in the small sample that I took) released prior to the administration of the international tests. On top of this, I am pretty sure that international students take different tests. So unless LSAC changed their policy this cycle, I find this reasoning to be less than compelling.

That being said, this does not mean that the LSAT scores won't come out next week, only that if they do come out next week it probably won't be because international students haven't taken it yet.

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 pm

imbored25 wrote:this is why i dislike foreigners, they ruin everything, GO AMERICA

You don't think any Americans can live or work abroad and therefore take the test overseas? :roll:

ps. I am American.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm

justbubbles wrote:
imbored25 wrote:this is why i dislike foreigners, they ruin everything, GO AMERICA

You don't think any Americans can live or work abroad and therefore take the test overseas? :roll:

ps. I am American.

They would probably have a different American test for you.

justbubbles

Postby justbubbles » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:They would probably have a different American test for you.

For the umpteenth time - I am pretty sure I got the same test (with Kate Chopin in RC, vans/cars in LG, etc)

The test might not have been exactly the same, but RC and LG were the same. Maybe they change up some questions. I wouldn't be able to tell unless I get the PDFs once the scores are out.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:32 pm

justbubbles wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:They would probably have a different American test for you.

For the umpteenth time - I am pretty sure I got the same test (with Kate Chopin in RC, vans/cars in LG, etc)

The test might not have been exactly the same, but RC and LG were the same. Maybe they change up some questions. I wouldn't be able to tell unless I get the PDFs once the scores are out.

Oh whoa. I don't recall them having done that before.

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:35 pm

justbubbles wrote:

if you got the same test it's because someone at LSAC F'ed up royally. But the people who answer the phone still won't be giving accurate info about the test.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:39 pm

ppl have been calling and asking LSAC employees about release dates since 2008 with every one of them lying. i dont know if this one is the first one to be honest but i am betting that they will come out earlier.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”