Logic Games HYBRID - best strategy? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kovacs

New

Logic Games HYBRID - best strategy?

Post by kovacs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi,

Of all of the books I'm reading/have read in preparation for the hybrid games, it seems like they each go about it a different way. I've been using the Kaplan method, but is this really the best way?? Also, from my studies so far, it looks like all hybrid games include Sequencing + another type of game (2 in total). Could someone verify this claim?

My main question is, what is the best way to go about hybrid games? What seems to work the best for me is to put the discrete characters on top (abbreviated as letters), with the number of spaces below (if # of spaces is known + the ordered numbers below those spaces). Then, I just use the space available below the numbered sequence to write out in short hand the given rules. This doesn't really work out too well, as I have to keep where the second game's characters are all in my head. I hope this makes sense, and I hope doubly so that I can get some good advice on this matter! TIA!

soj

Platinum

Re: Logic Games HYBRID - best strategy?

Post by soj » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:23 pm

I don't know what Kaplan's method is, but I'll go out on a limb and say it sucks.

The PS LGB has a good strategy for dealing with hybrids: basically, there's a hierarchy. Always get the distribution first, then the membership, then the order, or something like that.

Practice makes perfect.

kovacs

New

Post by kovacs » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

OK, I just bought that PowerScore book, so I'll need to look at it when it gets here. I will try and erase Kaplan's method from my crammed brain - it's driving me nuts!

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

kovacs wrote:OK, I just bought that PowerScore book, so I'll need to look at it when it gets here. I will try and erase Kaplan's method from my crammed brain - it's driving me nuts!
Definitely wipe that method out of your brain as well as everything you learned from those crappy LSAT books you listed in the other thread that you are getting rid of. Then start fresh with the PS books once they arrive.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to wipe out memories like in the movie Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind, so just try to ignore the things you learned before and replace them with what you will learn from the PS books.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Jeffort wrote:
kovacs wrote:OK, I just bought that PowerScore book, so I'll need to look at it when it gets here. I will try and erase Kaplan's method from my crammed brain - it's driving me nuts!
Definitely wipe that method out of your brain as well as everything you learned from those crappy LSAT books you listed in the other thread that you are getting rid of. Then start fresh with the PS books once they arrive.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to wipe out memories like in the movie Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind, so just try to ignore the things you learned before and replace them with what you will learn from the PS books.
like all of jeffort's posts, this one deserves a 180.

eternal sunshine <3

OP, yeah, definitely use only materials published by reputable companies like PS and Manhattan. this is TLS conventional wisdom (though i did once get in a flamewar with a guy who didn't like that I was shitting on his Kaplan books :lol: ).

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Jeffort wrote:Definitely wipe that method out of your brain as well as everything you learned from those crappy LSAT books you listed in the other thread that you are getting rid of. Then start fresh with the PS books once they arrive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDezrybpuO8

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”