The Sabbath test and non-Jews

Verity

Re: The Sabbath test and non-Jews

Postby Verity » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Rock-N-Roll wrote:
Verity wrote:
Rock-N-Roll wrote:
delusional wrote:I appreciate you sticking up for the Talmud and all, but the OP was completely innocuous. To those of you who posted above, I did not say anywhere whom I "wanted" to see. Nor did I say it was "suspicious" that black people took the test with me. Honestly, I did *expect* to see only Jewish people, simply because I did not know that other people don't write on Saturday. Now that I know that there are other reasons, I look forward to taking the any possible future tests with the spectrum of ethnicities. I was wondering if there were other reasons why people would take the Sabbath test, and if so, what they might be. That is all.

Well delusional, you could have easily gotten the answer to your question through google. While putting this out there as a thread makes it seem more like you are trying to make a statement rather than ask a question.

Yeah. I mean really, it's not like searching Google for anything with "LSAT" in the phrase would bring you back here. This is clearly a Jewish conspiracy.

This was not what I was after, nor are you being funny. I was referring to a google search for other religions that observe their Sabbath on Saturday.

I am arguing against the generalization that Jews and particularly Orthodox Jews don't relate well to non-Jews. This is false, and whether it was the OP's intent or not, his unnecessary post just opened the door for people to make that false claim.

Oh I get it, like preemption? Masterful.

Rock-N-Roll

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Verity wrote:Oh I get it, like preemption? Masterful.

Verity. Preempting? No. This was said earlier in this thread by Ocean64 who claimed to be quoting the Talmud. I'm starting to feel like you're just trying to one-up me here though, and so I should probably quit.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 am

Question- is the post- Sabbath test an entirely new test? With an entirely new curve, based on how the people that take the post-Sabbath test do?

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:00 pm

weathercoins wrote:Question- is the post- Sabbath test an entirely new test? With an entirely new curve, based on how the people that take the post-Sabbath test do?

It's an undisclosed test, so no one really knows how new it is. I would imagine LSAC recylces these undisclosed tests (Feb tests, overseas tests, Sabbath-observer tests, etc.), so it may be new or may be old.

Regardless, the scale is not determined by the group of people taking that test, all the tests are equated to each other. So it's a, you know... standardized test.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:15 pm

suspicious android wrote:
weathercoins wrote:Question- is the post- Sabbath test an entirely new test? With an entirely new curve, based on how the people that take the post-Sabbath test do?

It's an undisclosed test, so no one really knows how new it is. I would imagine LSAC recylces these undisclosed tests (Feb tests, overseas tests, Sabbath-observer tests, etc.), so it may be new or may be old.

Regardless, the scale is not determined by the group of people taking that test, all the tests are equated to each other. So it's a, you know... standardized test.

Interestingly if you take the non-sabbath test for religious reasons, LSAC does not allow you to take a future saturday test. So the test administered might even be a future saturday test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”