Has anyone taken the LSAT @ La Verne College of Law?

notaznguy

Has anyone taken the LSAT @ La Verne College of Law?

Postby notaznguy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 am

I'm from that area and it's the closest site for me. Has anyone taken the test there? Do they have big desks or small desks? Would you say it's a "good spot" to take the test?

So far, the only good locations I know of are Southwestern University, but it's in LA. I go to a university in Los Angeles and ideally I would go home that Friday before the exam so I don't have to drive as far. La Verne is only a few miles from my house. Furthermore, I want to avoid Los Angeles because USC is having a football game that Saturday, so the 10 freeway is going to have massive traffic (at least on the way back).

aas911

Re: Has anyone taken the LSAT @ La Verne College of Law?

Postby aas911 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 am

I've taken the LSAT twice at La Verne. I liked the testing center a lot. Both times I had big desks with "office" chairs and plenty of space.

I noticed that one of the rooms used smaller desks that were placed closer together. They weren't completely terrible, but not nearly as nice as the other room.

I never had any issue with proctors except for one instance where a lady stood infront of me during the break, staring at me and just waiting for me to talk about the test. I was already all hyped up about the test and having someone stare directly into your eyes from 3 feet away for atleast 10 minutes wasn't fun.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience at La Verne and would recommend it to you or anyone else.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:07 pm

If that happens in the future: Approach the lady and ask "Have you heard The Word ?" or "Do you know Jesus ?".

Another approach: "Is mono cantagious ?".

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Cool thanks for the info. Anyone else?

rhcp47

Postby rhcp47 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:51 pm

I took it there last October. I was in a room with long tables set up side-by-side instead of individual desks and the guy sitting next to me kept bumping my elbow every time he had to erase. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the most comfortable and I probably won't be retaking there.

notaznguy

Postby notaznguy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm

rhcp47 wrote:I took it there last October. I was in a room with long tables set up side-by-side instead of individual desks and the guy sitting next to me kept bumping my elbow every time he had to erase. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the most comfortable and I probably won't be retaking there.

Hmm, the most important thing I want to know is that there are LONG tables with room right? I just want to make sure that La Verne doesn't have those TINY right armed table desks that are found in large lecture halls at universities. UCLA, for instance, is a horrible place to take the LSAT because they use the rooms with these type of tables. Nobody you knew had, or you didn't see ANY tiny tables right?

Furthermore, it would be so much more convenient for me because I am able to drive down to La Verne this summer several times to just inspect the place and get used to it, whereas if I were to take it at Southwestern, I'd only be able to visit once or so and likely a few days before the exam. I want to be very, very comfortable at the location of my test.

Shammis

Postby Shammis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 pm

I took the LSAT at LaVerne in December (whats up to the people who took it then as well, that score saved my LS career). That was my third time taking it (each at different locations) and LaVerne was by far the best testing center. The room I was in had those long tables that went across the whole room, and we had plenty of room between each test taker. I looked at a couple other testing rooms during the break and all of the ones I saw had that same set up. Good luck with the test and dont make my mistake of getting the flu right before the October test. I had to actually get up in the middle of reading comp to throw up and come back to the test. It only cost me 5 mins and the last RC section haha.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”