June LSAT scores

Jack Smirks

Re: June LSAT scores

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Paraflam wrote:
It's because there is a community of "regulars" here that are into creating an online persona for themselves and forming relationships and bullshitting with each other about things that have nothing to do with law school. It's true of any established forum. 100 or even 1,000 posts is understandable, depending on how long ago the person joined here. It's mostly the people with several thousand posts who are the ones in the "in crowd", as it were. These people are generally the ones who feel qualified to talk shit to "n00btards" because they haven't created a witty/funny/etc. reputation for themselves here and are nobodies in the "TLS community." For instance, I've been around here longer than most of the people that are going to post the obligatory "umadbro?" after this, but most people think I'm a noob cause I haven't accumulated 5,000 posts and I don't post pictures of myself in the lounge and all the other shit that the regulars do here. I just never got into the idea of establishing a presence for myself on an internet forum like those people. For them, TLS is as much of (if not more so) a place to "hang out" as it is a source of information and discussion pertaining to law school. This forum in particular, though, generally doesn't take well to outsiders who aren't familiar with forum etiquette.

Please acknowledge me. I need to know somebody so insightful.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Anybody who thinks naterj is serious/not a "noob" needs to check his post history. He has, like, 200 legitimate posts (if you can call it that) and he started a thread last year where he just responded "yes" to himself 5000 times.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Muenchen wrote:
minnbills wrote:
naterj wrote:Are we seriously still talking about this?

If you don't like it then why perpetuate it by posting?

Someone has either a case of butthurt or whiny-ass bitch syndrome. Was someone mean to you as a child as now you feel the need to defend strangers on the internet? No one cares.

Why do you assume I'm mad? If you must know, I'm amused by all of this, not outraged.

"No one cares" huh? What are you 13?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Ford Prefect wrote:Anybody who thinks naterj is serious/not a "noob" needs to check his post history. He has, like, 200 legitimate posts (if you can call it that) and he started a thread last year where he just responded "yes" to himself 5000 times.

I'd hardly call those 200 "legitimate". Most of them are the word "CUTE".

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

minnbills wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
minnbills wrote:
naterj wrote:Are we seriously still talking about this?

If you don't like it then why perpetuate it by posting?

Someone has either a case of butthurt or whiny-ass bitch syndrome. Was someone mean to you as a child as now you feel the need to defend strangers on the internet? No one cares.

Why do you assume I'm mad? If you must know, I'm amused by all of this, not outraged.

"No one cares" huh? What are you 13?

Oh, you definitely mad, bro. But I think it's definitely a symptom of whiny-ass bitch syndrome.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Ford Prefect wrote:Anybody who thinks naterj is serious/not a "noob" needs to check his post history. He has, like, 200 legitimate posts (if you can call it that) and he started a thread last year where he just responded "yes" to himself 5000 times.

Why can't these noobs take a joke? The internet is not that srsbsns.

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm

naterj wrote:

NO. NO NATERJ. THIS IS SO FUCKING SERIOUS I HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. SRSLY. STOP IT. STOP BEING MEAN. IT'S NOT NICE. YOU BIG INTERNET JERK.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Muenchen wrote:
naterj wrote:

NO. NO NATERJ. THIS IS SO FUCKING SERIOUS I HAVE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS. SRSLY. STOP IT. STOP BEING MEAN. IT'S NOT NICE. YOU BIG INTERNET JERK.

Only 2915 posts? Who the fuck are you?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

minnbills wrote:What I find entertaining is that so many continue to lash out at newcomers here for not knowing how to use the search function, no matter how many times the question is posed.

The fact that there seems to be a bottomless supply of people asking this question makes it all the more ridiculous to lash out.

If you're not aware of something, you can't be expected to know it's there. Not everyone, in fact most people, don't use message boards enough to know how to utilize a search function. It's one thing to dick around with people you're familiar with. That's no big deal, but to write a snippy, mean-spirited reply as seen ITT is totally unnecessary. Is it so much to ask to maintain at least a veneer of civility?

I disagree. You don't need to have participated in message boards to know how to use a search feature. If one has used google before, one knows how to use a search function. You find the thing to click on to get to the 'search query' box. Here on TLS it is on the top of the screen; "Forum Search". Put your search terms into the box, press enter, read results. Search again with different terms if you don't find results relevant to what you are searching for. That part of it is called investigating, which is how you determine if there is information available about something you are interested in, meaning information that you may or may not already know is there.

As far as mean spirited, I didn't see anything ITT that rises to that level. Criticism and debate/arguments, yes. Outright hostile/antagonistic/slanderous/hate filled etc. attacks on others, no.

Lawyers and lawyer types like to argue about, debate and criticize pretty much anything and everything. It's a big part of the job description!

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Jeffort wrote:I disagree. You don't need to have participated in message boards to know how to use a search feature. If one has used google before, one knows how to use a search function. You find the thing to click on to get to the 'search query' box. Here on TLS it is on the top of the screen; "Forum Search". Put your search terms into the box, press enter, read results. Search again with different terms if you don't find results relevant to what you are searching for. That part of it is called investigating, which is how you determine if there is information available about something you are interested in, meaning information that you may or may not already know is there.

As far as mean spirited, I didn't see anything ITT that rises to that level. Criticism and debate/arguments, yes. Outright hostile/antagonistic/slanderous/hate filled etc. attacks on others, no.

Lawyers and lawyer types like to argue about, debate and criticize pretty much anything and everything. It's a big part of the job description!

You're assuming people know about the search function on the top of the page. Obviously, people aren't noticin it. Most websites don't have strong/reliable search functions anyways, so it's also plausible people just ignore it. The fact that people continue to come in here, despite the existence of the search function proves that many people don't know about it or don't have confidence in it. I agree that everyone should learn to use it. But to post a snippy "there's this huge thread devoted to it" isn't the response people should be posting, IMO.

There are a number of posts in here that would qualify as mean-spirited and hostile, including some of the very first ones, and especially the later ones. Don't lecture me about the job description of lawyers, I wasn't born yesterday. There's a difference between debate (which is by nature confrontational and bound to get heated) and statements that are just rude.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

minnbills wrote:
There are a number of posts in here that would qualify as mean-spirited and hostile, including some of the very first ones, and especially the later ones. Don't lecture me about the job description of lawyers, I wasn't born yesterday. There's a difference between debate (which is by nature confrontational and bound to get heated) and statements that are just rude.

soj wrote:There are 363 pages of discussion on this very topic and a few other June LSAT-related topics.

soj wrote:but because i'm feeling nice: probably on or after friday. before is possible but unlikely.

Cartman wrote:soj, don't be a douche and link to a 360 page thread expecting the person with a legitimate question to sift through to find the 3 pages of useful information. I went in the thread the other day and found nothing but stuff for the lounge. I'm so tired of people who waste time and effort going into threads only to not answer the question and instead link to other threads. If you don't want to give useful information, then exit the thread and someone else will come along later who will.

The official release date isn't until next Wednesday, I believe. Chance of it coming out on Friday, but probably not before. It's killing everyone, I know...but patience is a virtue.

k

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Well fuck me with a chainsaw for posting my once a year heartfelt post here.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 pm

paratactical wrote:Well fuck me with a chainsaw for posting my once a year heartfelt post here.

<----- totally saw it an appreciated it

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 pm

incompetentia wrote:
minnbills wrote:

soj wrote:There are 363 pages of discussion on this very topic and a few other June LSAT-related topics.

soj wrote:but because i'm feeling nice: probably on or after friday. before is possible but unlikely.

Cartman wrote:soj, don't be a douche and link to a 360 page thread expecting the person with a legitimate question to sift through to find the 3 pages of useful information. I went in the thread the other day and found nothing but stuff for the lounge. I'm so tired of people who waste time and effort going into threads only to not answer the question and instead link to other threads. If you don't want to give useful information, then exit the thread and someone else will come along later who will.

The official release date isn't until next Wednesday, I believe. Chance of it coming out on Friday, but probably not before. It's killing everyone, I know...but patience is a virtue.

k

You forgot another post that was on the very first page:
incompetentia wrote:It's almost certainly not going to be before Friday. Afterward is very likely.

albusdumbledore

Postby albusdumbledore » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:59 pm

paratactical wrote:Well fuck me with a chainsaw for posting my once a year heartfelt post here.

Yeah, I saw that too. It was a nice post.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 pm

naterj wrote:You forgot another post that was on the very first page:
incompetentia wrote:It's almost certainly not going to be before Friday. Afterward is very likely.

Ah shit. I guess that makes me a callous fuck.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 pm

When is Oprah not a callous fuck?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Magnolia wrote:When is Oprah not a callous fuck?

beeeees.gif

EDIT:

seancris

Postby seancris » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 am

USE THE EFFING SEARCH BAR GAHHHH

stfu.

That's it.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:09 am

seancris wrote:

stfu.

That's it.

I'm glad we were able to reach this peaceful accord. It's been invaluable.

westinghouse60

Postby westinghouse60 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 am

seancris wrote:

stfu.

That's it.

At what point does telling people to use the search bar multiple times in a thread become more repetitive and worthless than the original question which could have become answered by using the search bar?

avamango

Postby avamango » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

On a side note, I have a quick question: anyone know when the scores are getting released?

Ssushi

Postby Ssushi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:43 pm

avamango wrote:On a side note, I have a quick question: anyone know when the scores are getting released?

June 29.

avamango

Postby avamango » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Ssushi wrote:
avamango wrote:On a side note, I have a quick question: anyone know when the scores are getting released?

June 29.

Okay obviously my post wasn't very provocative.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”