June LSAT scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
incompetentia

Gold

Re: June LSAT scores

Post by incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Dany wrote:I started some retarded threads.
I started the Word Association thread.

...god dammit

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:17 pm

OP, keep in perspective that the legal profession, as a rule, tends to attract a lot of pricks like Muenchen and the other dbags blowing this thread out of proportion. Thus, a lot of people here can be assholes. People like that don't take into consideration that new posters may not be aware of forum etiquette and take the liberty of wasting their own time belittling you for wasting their time, clogging up the forum, etc. while what they are doing is counterproductive to all of the reasons they let your honest question bother them so much. Some (not all) people here feel that because they have been here longer than you or have a large amount of posts, they can be pricks to new people who aren't as familiar with how this forum (or forums in general) operates. They're the ones getting all worked up over an internet forum post, so don't let it bother you.
Last edited by Paraflam on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Paraflam wrote:OP, keep in perspective that the legal profession, as a rule, tends to attract a lot of pricks like Muenchen and the other dbags blowing this thread out of proportion. Thus, a lot of people here can be assholes. People like that don't take into consideration that new posters may not be aware of forum etiquette and take the liberty of wasting their time belittling you for wasting their time, clogging up the forum, etc. while what they are doing is counterproductive to all of the reasons they let your honest question bother them so much. Some (not all) people here feel that because they have been here longer than you or have a large amount of posts, they can be pricks to new people who aren't as familiar with how this forum (or forums in general) operates. They're the ones getting all worked up over an internet forum post, so don't let it bother you.
You're my favorite poster.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Paraflam wrote:OP, keep in perspective that the legal profession, as a rule, tends to attract a lot of pricks like Muenchen and the other dbags blowing this thread out of proportion. Thus, a lot of people here can be assholes. People like that don't take into consideration that new posters may not be aware of forum etiquette and take the liberty of wasting their time belittling you for wasting their time, clogging up the forum, etc. while what they are doing is counterproductive to all of the reasons they let your honest question bother them so much. Some (not all) people here feel that because they have been here longer than you or have a large amount of posts, they can be pricks to new people who aren't as familiar with how this forum (or forums in general) operates. They're the ones getting all worked up over an internet forum post, so don't let it bother you.
Oh good, just what we need, another white knight.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Paraflam wrote:OP, keep in perspective that the legal profession, as a rule, tends to attract a lot of pricks like Muenchen and the other dbags blowing this thread out of proportion. Thus, a lot of people here can be assholes. People like that don't take into consideration that new posters may not be aware of forum etiquette and take the liberty of wasting their own time belittling you for wasting their time, clogging up the forum, etc. while what they are doing is counterproductive to all of the reasons they let your honest question bother them so much. Some (not all) people here feel that because they have been here longer than you or have a large amount of posts, they can be pricks to new people who aren't as familiar with how this forum (or forums in general) operates. They're the ones getting all worked up over an internet forum post, so don't let it bother you.
umad?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm shocked by the first 3 responses to that post.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:19 pm

bk187 wrote:
Paraflam wrote:OP, keep in perspective that the legal profession, as a rule, tends to attract a lot of pricks like Muenchen and the other dbags blowing this thread out of proportion. Thus, a lot of people here can be assholes. People like that don't take into consideration that new posters may not be aware of forum etiquette and take the liberty of wasting their own time belittling you for wasting their time, clogging up the forum, etc. while what they are doing is counterproductive to all of the reasons they let your honest question bother them so much. Some (not all) people here feel that because they have been here longer than you or have a large amount of posts, they can be pricks to new people who aren't as familiar with how this forum (or forums in general) operates. They're the ones getting all worked up over an internet forum post, so don't let it bother you.
umad?

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:21 pm

bk187 wrote:I'm shocked by the first 3 responses to that post.
...well I would hope that third one didn't shock you.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

What a bunch of noobtards.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 pm

I don't mind the nOOb question threads when the question is legit and was posted because the person is new to the LSAT and/or TLS and hasn't read up on all the basics yet. Nothing wrong with that (except that it is annoying when there are already 2 or 3 other threads about the same question at the top of the thread index!).

The threads started to basically ask "Please predict the future, tell me what's going to happen" that ask us to be psychic fortune tellers are the ones that bother me. I think criticizing OP's that start such threads is fair game, as long as it's done semi-reasonably and for lulz. Basic logical reasoning knowledge and skills (the stuff half the test is about) dictates that the future is uncertain. To expect anybody to be able to accurately predict uncertain future events and to use peoples speculation about such questions as a basis to make important decisions clearly rests on flawed reasoning. The LSAT punishes people that let flawed methods of reasoning guide them.

Last edited by Jeffort on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 pm

The fact that Paraflam would sacrifice his or her valuable time in order to patiently explain something in a slightly more illuminating fashion is the most admirable thing that I've seen this week.

JRockND

New

Post by JRockND » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 pm

gggrra wrote:I think it's understandable for someone new to not know forum etiquette(?) and use the search function. If the OP had, say, 1000 posts, then he would deserve the backlash. Also, linking to that clusterfuck called the June 2011 waiting thread (it's not a serious thread) is completely useless...
Okay, here is a serious, probably "dopey," and perhaps unintentionally provocative question from someone who is new to this forum: Why would anyone ever post 100, nevermind 1000 posts to the TLS forum? I get coming on immediately after the LSAT to see what everyone else thought about the exam. I get coming on around this time to share in the sense of camaraderie as the release date approaches. I get coming on to discuss specifics about different law schools. But I really don't get spending days on end on this forum, such that one internalizes the "etiquette" of the forum and can enumerate the different criteria by which one judges whether or not a post deserves backlash.

And despite what the tone might suggest (it's hard to get it right online), this is a serious post.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Let me know when you're waiting on a WL.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 pm

JRockND wrote:Okay, here is a serious, probably "dopey," and perhaps unintentionally provocative question from someone who is new to this forum: Why would anyone ever post 100, nevermind 1000 posts to the TLS forum? I get coming on immediately after the LSAT to see what everyone else thought about the exam. I get coming on around this time to share in the sense of camaraderie as the release date approaches. I get coming on to discuss specifics about different law schools. But I really don't get spending days on end on this forum, such that one internalizes the "etiquette" of the forum and can enumerate the different criteria by which one judges whether or not a post deserves backlash.

And despite what the tone might suggest (it's hard to get it right online), this is a serious post.
This is just one of those eternal questions. Kind of like figuring out the meaning of life.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Even the brightest among us will never know.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:31 pm

naterj wrote:Even the brightest among us will never know.
I once heard that the great GodSpeed found the answer but then Corsair permabanned him and the secret with him.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Muenchen wrote:
I once heard that the great GodSpeed found the answer but then Corsair permabanned him and the secret with him.
who the fuck is godspeed? i challenge him to a math contest. then a foot race, followed by a vocabulary contest. then a boxing match, a drinking contest, and best of 5 games squash.

he will lose.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 pm

incompetentia wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
who the fuck is godspeed? i challenge him to a math contest. then a foot race, followed by a vocabulary contest. then a boxing match, a drinking contest, and best of 5 games squash.

he will lose.
:lol: :lol:

Can we turn this into June Waiting Annex?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:56 pm

JRockND wrote:
gggrra wrote:I think it's understandable for someone new to not know forum etiquette(?) and use the search function. If the OP had, say, 1000 posts, then he would deserve the backlash. Also, linking to that clusterfuck called the June 2011 waiting thread (it's not a serious thread) is completely useless...
Okay, here is a serious, probably "dopey," and perhaps unintentionally provocative question from someone who is new to this forum: Why would anyone ever post 100, nevermind 1000 posts to the TLS forum? I get coming on immediately after the LSAT to see what everyone else thought about the exam. I get coming on around this time to share in the sense of camaraderie as the release date approaches. I get coming on to discuss specifics about different law schools. But I really don't get spending days on end on this forum, such that one internalizes the "etiquette" of the forum and can enumerate the different criteria by which one judges whether or not a post deserves backlash.

And, totally seriously, I'll respond:

I work as a biglaw paralegal and when I first started to post, I wanted to go to law school. My schedule with work and my LSAT goals, however, did not congeal and I've ended up sticking with the paralegal gig as it pays well and is taking care of me for the moment. I'm also getting more and more senior which lets me have more schedule flexibility, so I'm thinking of trying my hand at the LSAT again next June. While all this has happened on TLS, I made a shiatload of actual, real friends that I have hung out with a number of times and they're mostly really fucking great people or really fucking funny people whose assholishness compliments mine nicely. This is a strange industry - I've worked with TLSers, I've helped TLSers with interviews and I've found TLSers that used to work with me. I like the company and I try to be helpful when someone is honest, polite and not lazy. I billed over 1700 hours last year and over 2300 the year before that and it's nice to have somewhere to just talk to people when you spend so much time alone in an office.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm

JRockND wrote:

It's because there is a community of "regulars" here that are into creating an online persona for themselves and forming relationships and bullshitting with each other about things that have nothing to do with law school. It's true of any established forum. 100 or even 1,000 posts is understandable, depending on how long ago the person joined here. It's mostly the people with several thousand posts who are the ones in the "in crowd", as it were. These people are generally the ones who feel qualified to talk shit to "n00btards" because they haven't created a witty/funny/etc. reputation for themselves here and are nobodies in the "TLS community." For instance, I've been around here longer than most of the people that are going to post the obligatory "umadbro?" after this, but most people think I'm a noob cause I haven't accumulated 5,000 posts and I don't post pictures of myself in the lounge and all the other shit that the regulars do here. I just never got into the idea of establishing a presence for myself on an internet forum like those people. For them, TLS is as much of (if not more so) a place to "hang out" as it is a source of information and discussion pertaining to law school. This forum in particular, though, generally doesn't take well to outsiders who aren't familiar with forum etiquette.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:29 pm

LOL at considering me part of the "in crowd" in any aspect of my life let alone having friends.

Also, Paraflam U mad bro?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 pm

What I find entertaining is that so many continue to lash out at newcomers here for not knowing how to use the search function, no matter how many times the question is posed.

The fact that there seems to be a bottomless supply of people asking this question makes it all the more ridiculous to lash out.

If you're not aware of something, you can't be expected to know it's there. Not everyone, in fact most people, don't use message boards enough to know how to utilize a search function. It's one thing to dick around with people you're familiar with. That's no big deal, but to write a snippy, mean-spirited reply as seen ITT is totally unnecessary. Is it so much to ask to maintain at least a veneer of civility?

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Are we seriously still talking about this?

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 pm

naterj wrote:Are we seriously still talking about this?
If you don't like it then why perpetuate it by posting?

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:54 pm

minnbills wrote:
naterj wrote:Are we seriously still talking about this?
If you don't like it then why perpetuate it by posting?
Someone has either a case of butthurt or whiny-ass bitch syndrome. Was someone mean to you as a child as now you feel the need to defend strangers on the internet? No one cares.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”